• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Tachometer

92White240

Currently working on my suspension, but after I get that all figured out, I'd like to get a large tachometer in my 240. I am very aware there's the small ones that go in the dash panels to the right of the gauges, but I'd much prefer the tach next to the speedometer. Is my only options buying one of the large stock volvo tachs? Or is there other aftermarket options people have found that worked easily. Also if anyone has a large tach that works, pm :)

A large Volvo tach from a 1981 or newer car is what's needed. 1981-85 is typically a gloss finish tach. 1986-88 will be a satin finish tach, and 1989-on is matte and will be hard to find. All three styles will work, but you must make sure it says "4zyl" on the back. Ones that say 6zyl will read about 2/3 the actual speed. Avoid the ones that don't have a 7000 rpm max reading on them, since those would be for a Diesel and are extremely hard to find. Normally, I'd suggest checking the iPd garage sale, but it has been postponed. I'd get in touch with someone like swedishiron.com or Ansel+ and see if they have one.

A large Volvo tach from a 1981 or newer car is what's needed. 1981-85 is typically a gloss finish tach. 1986-88 will be a satin finish tach, and 1989-on is matte and will be hard to find. All three styles will work, but you must make sure it says "4zyl" on the back. Ones that say 6zyl will read about 2/3 the actual speed. Avoid the ones that don't have a 7000 rpm max reading on them, since those would be for a Diesel and are extremely hard to find. Normally, I'd suggest checking the iPd garage sale, but it has been postponed. I'd get in touch with someone like swedishiron.com or Ansel+ and see if they have one.

I actually got the idea for grabbing a tach from seeing the IPD garage sale so very sad it got postponed, thanks for the help!

I actually got the idea for grabbing a tach from seeing the IPD garage sale so very sad it got postponed, thanks for the help!

If you still need a 240 large tach, I have one $25 + shipping

IMG-20200513-085904.jpg

IMG-20200513-085901.jpg

EDIT -tach sold to white855T

Last edited:
Back