• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Globex Corp presents: 255

Did you have the ATP manifold in your parts bin from ages ago? I remember some issues fitting that in the FWD cars, looks like it'll do quite well on there! The WG placement is going to look pimptastic!

Nope I bought it specific for this car. I think in FWD it works sort of. LOL

Planning on running the internal gate still I think. Looks like I have about 7" of room from the back of the exhaust housing to the firewall. Should be plenty of room to work with what I need. :oogle:

Went to get sheetmetal, came home with this instead

155891852.jpg

155891853.jpg

155891854.jpg

155891855.jpg

Couldn't be more thrilled. EXACTLY the front and rear seats I wanted. The back is going to take a little work but looks more than do able. The S40/V50 rear seat is just a smidge wider well to well than the 245 is. I may need to have an upholstery shop open them up for me so I can trim up the internal sheet metal a bit. Power on both front seats too :D

Like it was meant be. That looks amazing.

Sure look the part. Thats why I wanted this particular set of seats instead of leather, for some reason they just look right to me with the cloth and gold stitching.

Designing up the seat adapters right now. Honestly, I just cut off the excess brackets on the front portion and used one of the 240 mounting points (the seats are about 2.5" wider C-C on than a 240). I actually really like that position in one regard because it improves "shoulder to shoulder" room but the reality is, I think when I add doors it would be to close to the outside.

So I drew these up

155891988.jpg

Should do the job just fine. Bolts right to the seat rails, just need to hack the vertical brackets off the old seats (did I save those? I can't remember... :rofl:)

Im not sure how big/ tall you are but I'd be interested in finding a set myself. Im a 6'2 175lb dude and have a hard enough time finding a good amount of car seats comfy under my knees and lower back.

How do these compare when it comes to longer road trips in the comfy area?

Im not sure how big/ tall you are but I'd be interested in finding a set myself. Im a 6'2 175lb dude and have a hard enough time finding a good amount of car seats comfy under my knees and lower back.

Well I have a 2008 C30 and a 2006 V50... there was a reason I wanted THESE seats :rofl: Extremely comfortable.

I think you'll be able to get them plenty far back and I'm 5'8" 265lbs so more wide than tall. They will go pretty damn close to the floor but to get any lower you'd probably have to mod the floor (which had crossed my mind).

Honestly, I need to figure out what's power on the harness (and not accidentally set of an airbag!) and move the seat as far back and low as I can get it before finalizing my adapters.

I doubt you'd have a problem at 6'2" though.

Definitely curious to see how those seats fit in, and if they sit lower than the seats in the 140 I may be interested in swapping those in, as the height on the 240 seats is a bit much.

Hell of a score though!

I'm 6'5"ish. They're fantastic seats. 13 hour drives are cake. Plenty of room in my 240. They go waaaaaay back.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-saFk9MOPZiM/UZFqDheY0WI/AAAAAAAAHoE/HF8YRbPj0Ng/s912/DSC_8507.jpg

Nice work on the seats...this is really turning into a RWD V70R trapped in 240 shell

That's the plan!

I'm 6'5"ish. They're fantastic seats. 13 hour drives are cake. Plenty of room in my 240. They go waaaaaay back.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-saFk9MOPZiM/UZFqDheY0WI/AAAAAAAAHoE/HF8YRbPj0Ng/s912/DSC_8507.jpg

I forgot you're one of them tall people. :rofl::rofl: Honestly, he's spot on they'll go way back. I have to power mine still to see where they are on the track but the DS looks pretty much all the way back and I can't reach to the firewall with my feet (by a couple inches :rofl:).

That's the plan!

I forgot you're one of them tall people. :rofl::rofl: Honestly, he's spot on they'll go way back. I have to power mine still to see where they are on the track but the DS looks pretty much all the way back and I can't reach to the firewall with my feet (by a couple inches :rofl:).

When I gave Theresa the ride of her life, she was impressed with how far it went back.

I'll leave that there.

I'm not worried about legroom. I like to keep my seat one notch closer to the dash then normal for tall people as I like to rest my right knee on the center console. I'm more interested in comfortableness on longer drives.

Homer, are using 240 sliders or the stock seat brackets modified? Are these backs motorized or manual?

I'm not worried about legroom. I like to keep my seat one notch closer to the dash then normal for tall people as I like to rest my right knee on the center console. I'm more interested in comfortableness on longer drives.

Homer, are using 240 sliders or the stock seat brackets modified? Are these backs motorized or manual?

My knee rests on the center console as well. Comfort is not an issue. They're worlds better than the stock 240 seats. Pretty firm. Firmer than the seats in my A4. I prefer the V50 seats over my A4 any day.
Edit: I forgot to answer that other question.
The stock 240 rails and brackets are gone. Mine are power/memory on the DS, power on the PS. Have a look through there. It's also in my thread.
https://picasaweb.google.com/113349...key=Gv1sRgCIKIruiCwvPLsAE#5858785639998292578

I designed a set of flat adapters that bolt on the rails new seats rails. Half dozen m8 "bumper bolts" and I'm just going to hack the back off a 240 slider for the rear brackets.

Jacob took a fancier approach. Cause HOMER. :rofl:

This is really awesome. Thanks for making me lose sleep over thoughts of redoing my car. :lol:

Can't wait to see more updates. Seats look great in there!

Thank you so much! Going back out to work on them some more in a bit. I think I can even engineer the V50 center console to work.

Measured from the front of the seat to the firewall, I'm 30" from the firewall in the 245 and 28" in the V50. I never felt like I wish I could get the V50 further back so should have plenty of room. Honestly I'll have to move forward regardless because I can't reach the shifter from that position anyways :rofl::rofl:

Part of me is tempted to cut the hump out of the floor to get these seats as low as I can but I think that's over thinking it.

Not a lot accomplished today because I was on baby duty most of the day but here's what happened:

155915640.jpg

Started with cutting out the trim holder / wire shield to pick up some room well-to-well
155915641.jpg

Next cut and big hammered the factory brackets away. The sheet metal is surprisingly thin there, the first one I did I didn't quite make it through the seam weld and it tore some of the sheet metal. I'll square that up later. The other side came out with issue.
155915642.jpg

Next one of the brackets for the seat was too tight to the tunnel causing the rear seat to sit out of level. Drilled the spot welds
155915643.jpg

So I can move the bracket over a few inches.
155915644.jpg

Ending with the rear seat fitting almost perfectly.
155915645.jpg

For attaching the rear bottom, the mounts are pretty straight forward. I'm going to weld some captive nuts to some 3/32" steel plates, then weld those to the chassis. This should make the mounts for the seats (I'll do the seatbelts the same way) plenty strong. Probably way over kill but rather be safe than sorry. I also have the factory s40 "LATCH" (car seat) bracketry. I'll employ the same system for that.

The back rest portion of the back seat will be a little trickier as it's really tight to the wells. In all reality, I'll probably end up having to open the guts of the seat, taking a page from John r h's thread and do a little surgery. Not much honestly, they are a pretty damn close fit as is.

Back