• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

140 brake interchange

vwbusman66

Stößelstange über alles
I'm seriously considering replacing the calipers on my 71 142s because they're a little crispy.

Are 77 and down 240 calipers the same? There's a far better selection on Rock Auto for a 240 than a 140.

I have Girling calipers all around if that makes a difference in interchangeability.

Is there a place to look that is relatively affordable besides VP and Skandix?

:e-shrug:

Pads are only $25 from VP and I have a surplus of them also.

I happen to have a pair of 164E hubs and rebuilt calipers if someone wants to do the conversion. The parts are actually shown in the 140 parts catalog as standard equipment for South African market cars.

:e-shrug:

Pads are only $25 from VP and I have a surplus of them also.

I happen to have a pair of 164E hubs and rebuilt calipers if someone wants to do the conversion. The parts are actually shown in the 140 parts catalog as standard equipment for South African market cars.

Wie Viele?

Spoke to Eric for a little bit on the phone today about brake options. As I learned today, I will have to replace the front calipers as four of the six bleeders broke.

I'm ebbing on the side of stock-ish for now as I have no plans of taking this car on a track anytime soon. The rear calipers seem good and the bleeders were replaced by me, so I'll keep them for a bit. HiPerf will supply me with rebuilt front calipers and Volvo pads, tentatively.

John, I'm not cutting corners. Brakes are pretty much the only thing I am extremely anal about on a car besides brake lights. I was just struggling to swallow the $150 price tag for a caliper from VP when my 740 had $40 a side calipers on it.

I have 122 front calipers on my PV and was not very happy when I had to replace them a few years ago. Hard to find, and pricey.

Back