• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

760 Is this the correct FPR for my B230FT

lummert

While at the local junkyard today I removed all of the timing parts from the front of a B230F in a 91 740. I wanted to have everthing that may be needed when I replace all of the front seals and front cover gasket this spring when it gets warmer outside. I had already removed the crankshaft pulley and it has been cleaned and is in a box in my apartment waiting until it is needed. While standing there in front of the engine I noticed that the engine had a brand new FPR. I removed it and the number is Bosch 0 280 160 294. It is stamped 3 Bar.

I looked this nimber up at eeuroparts.com and it shows that this number is correct for my 88 765 with B230FT.

I just want to confirm that this is indeeed the correct FPR before I do the parts swap.

760 Is this the correct FPR for my B230FT

I have just come in from swapping the FPR. It is working fine. I will check my fuel mileage during the rest of February. I suppect that the old FPR was causing the engine to run slightly rich. I got about 28 MPG about 4 years ago and then I noticed that the vacuum hose to the FPR was rotted. When I replaced the vacuum hose my MPG dropped to about 20-22 average. The FPR that I removed looked to be original part.

I am now almost positive that my FPR was defective. This afternoon after the car had been sitting for 22 hours the engine started immediately in 30+ degrees F temperatures. This car had never started this quickly before replacing the FPR in the 4 years that I have owned it.

I still think my FPR was defective. I made another 400 mile trip today and I averaged 22.3 mpg. On the 202 mile run returning home I drove about 1 hour and then I ran into the snow that had been forcast to start at 4 am this morning. It took me from 1:30pm until 6:45 pm to drive 202.1 miles. I still averaged 21.23 mpg on that part of the trip and I only averaged 40mph.

Back