• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Brown 244 GL

is that wood? or just another panel?

Donor card is a nice condition black colored card. Its a little weird to cut it up, but as long as my door cards belong to a car with its own history and this black one is just came from a garage, im not too worried.

g7og.jpg

Classy lowered brown 244 you say? ;)

I would suggest staying with the chrome windshield trim, as long as you plan leaving the chrome trim all around. Plus it's cool as hell, black trim makes the car 10 years younger than it really is...

g7og.jpg

Classy lowered brown 244 you say? ;)

I would suggest staying with the chrome windshield trim, as long as you plan leaving the chrome trim all around. Plus it's cool as hell, black trim makes the car 10 years younger than it really is...

:oogle:

I really dont know, chrome trim does fit the car better, but it cant seal properly and all the crap will stuck under it. If there was a little rubber on the inside of the trim not just on the outside, it would be much better. I'm looking for possible solutions to make this early chrome trim waterproof now. :urgod:

theres a lot of rust ,but it can be fixed if you have welding skills or money. what are you future plans with this car? have you contacted any other volvo fan in hungary? there are few guys.. they might help..

theres a lot of rust ,but it can be fixed if you have welding skills or money. what are you future plans with this car? have you contacted any other volvo fan in hungary? there are few guys.. they might help..

Fortunately I can fix it at home, and my father is a body worker. Only bad thing is, I always have to keep the car moveable, because if my father has a job, he can't do it anywhere else, just at this only place.

Btw its weird how narrow the car is, spacers will be added when i mount on the virgos.

Future plans, well, i love the sound of a straight five, yesterday we took a ride in my buddys Audi 90 Cabrio... :drool: Its just awesome how that engine sounds, and i want this car to be something classy good looking and to have that nice 5cyl sound. N/A with little better cams, better exhaust header, and of course, a M90. I don't want too much power, i just want it to sound right. :cool:

so your dad is a body worker? congrats.. lots of forint?s saved... i was always wondering why is the front axle wider than the rear, and i still dont know. i have no idea how audi 5 cyl engine sounds like, but i know how V70 5 cyl. 2,5tdi sounds.. awesome sound... hm .. so you dont want to keep your car original volvo? you know that you cant say its a volvo power with audi engine in the car, right? guly?s..:lol:

so your dad is a body worker? congrats.. lots of forint?s saved... i was always wondering why is the front axle wider than the rear, and i still dont know. i have no idea how audi 5 cyl engine sounds like, but i know how V70 5 cyl. 2,5tdi sounds.. awesome sound... hm .. so you dont want to keep your car original volvo? you know that you cant say its a volvo power with audi engine in the car, right? guly?s..:lol:

I wouldn't jumped into this project if i don't have access to MIG and all the body working tools, and a place where i can do it. But in this way, it just seems to be a great idea, i just have to work on it.

Audi 20v N/A is a little happier in higher revs as i noticed, but its somewhat the same sound as the Volvo 20v. awesome :-D
I'm planning to put a B5254S in it, the biggest 5 cyl Volvo N/A engine. I don't want to mess around with a turbo for a while, as i don't have that much money. 170hp is enough, the sound is what i want so bad. :love:
Talking about originality, i don't really care. But the overall look of the car will be original for sure. When i'll get to the engine swap, i'll conserve this B21A+BW55 combo with all its stuff for the future, police here is really tight on stuff like engine change, suspension mods, etc.
Even if you change the engine to a totally same type, you have to pay a little money just to change the engine number in the cars registration papers... Bureaucracy. :-(

In my town the police jumped on all the lowered cars. They just take your cars reg papers if something is wrong (in the officers mind, maybe) and you have to take the car to a stricter inspection, where the car have to be in 100% stock condition.
Its funny how a lot of guys here cruised with badly lowered cars for years, and no one was against them, but now its just ridiculous.

B5254S into a 244? well i think its time to start saving some money.. do you have any idea how to put that engine into your car? because its a fwd engine and its mounted horizontally.. soo.. V6 from 960 would be easier imo..or some 2,3 16v redblock

B5254S into a 244? well i think its time to start saving some money.. do you have any idea how to put that engine into your car? because its a fwd engine and its mounted horizontally.. soo.. V6 from 960 would be easier imo..or some 2,3 16v redblock

There are some guys who already did that, its not that hard this way. ;-)

First patch finally welded on, zinc primer applied on the inside. Things start to get serious now. :lol:

Made a cute drain hole into the floorpan, a little plastic tube will be added to reduce the diameter.

Current status: Flinstone's car :lol:

Not too fast progress, as i'm doing it alone, and i think a lot about how to do this one and that one... But hell yeah, it will be damn good to cruise with it again. :cool:

Oof, so much metal work. Lookin good though. The 242 Im selling is that brown, its grown on me. If i was keeping it, id defo redo it in the same color

Been working on it, but not too fast progress.

Repair section to the inner sill welded in and painted:

Whole lower section of the inner sill will be replaced with fresh metal, 65% done:

Butt joint will be used near the plastic plugs.

Awesome job on the rust repair! You have more patience then I do, as I wouldn't be able to handle all of that, but I admire your bravery in conquering such a task.

Cant wait to see the end result of all your work. Keep it up. :)

Very cool, glad to see this car getting the love so many people wouldn't bother giving it. Almost half a million miles, it deserves the love.

Very cool, glad to see this car getting the love so many people wouldn't bother giving it. Almost half a million miles, it deserves the love.

Thanks!
Its in kilometres only, but i can't wait to show it at car festivals. It will be hella confusing to the others when they look at that odometer. :lol:

Awesome job on the rust repair! You have more patience then I do, as I wouldn't be able to handle all of that, but I admire your bravery in conquering such a task.

Cant wait to see the end result of all your work. Keep it up. :)

Thank you!
Sadly I'm often in dilemma about how to cut this and weld that, and thats what really holds back the whole process. When i finally make a patch from fresh sheetmetal, its fortunately fast from that pont.

And what makes me feel better about owning a Volvo and doing this job:

Just a ~20 year old Mazda:

~20 year old Suzuki Swift:

~20 year old mk3 Golf:

And this 34 year old Volvo wasn't garage kept either, and has waaay more kms than these... :roll:
It really deserves the love, as it was loved by the previous 2 owners. :nod:

Got the lower section of the inner sill welded on:

This patch still have to wait to be welded on:

Just got a brand new set of Bosch fog lights for free from a good buddy. :cool:

:-D

Great job You're doing it the proper way. Keeping fingers crossed and hoping You'll have enough patience to finish it flawless :)

Great job You're doing it the proper way. Keeping fingers crossed and hoping You'll have enough patience to finish it flawless :)

Thanks!

Nice work man, seeing this makes me happy about the small amount of rust fix it needs compared to this :-P

Good for you, hope I can make you feel better. And this is just a 244... :-P

Anyway, I was on a holiday, but a little progress was made yesterday. Finally welded on the missing part of the inner sill, grinded it and painted. Now the inner sill is 100% complete.

And created this piece, little welding and grinding still required, but came out great. :)

And was also busy trying to make normal spotwelds with this little machine, because my brothers '86 Audi Coupe is waiting to get its roof welded on.

And here is my buddys Cabrio with the 20v N/A awesomeness. :cool:

Pretty damn cool to ride in this one. :nod:

Last edited:
Back