• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ice in the Doors

mcschleg

Hey all. Been having issues with snow accumulating on my 93 240 wagon, melting, and then running into the crack in the front doors and freezing by the hinges. The door can still open (unhappily) but it doesn't help my growing rust patch down in the corner:lol: Looking for any suggestions on ways to prevent this or if this is just normal for these cars.

Hey all. Been having issues with snow accumulating on my 93 240 wagon, melting, and then running into the crack in the front doors and freezing by the hinges. The door can still open (unhappily) but it doesn't help my growing rust patch down in the corner:lol: Looking for any suggestions on ways to prevent this or if this is just normal for these cars.

* Clean snow off your car, remove snow & ice from door jams, the constant battle of winter. I've had the exact same problems when I bring home a work vehicle, that's usually a 2015 or newer model vehicle. ;-)

Is the door or fender damaged/bent? If so, replace the damaged part. The hinges also have zirc fittings for grease.

No everything is nice and straight all the way down to the front bottom corner of the door where there is some rust. It's getting worse with the water freezing down there and pushing out the rust.

Last edited:
Sand down the rusty corners, treat with POR 15 and paint it. Have the paint supply shop mix you a color match in a spray can. Take your time, mask more than you think you need and do a nice job. Although it won't be seen when the doors are closed you still want to do a neat job.:)

Back