• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvader

Could use a little help!

Car runs and drives great, only issue I have is a high idle when I put the car into park or neutral! I just replaced the idle air valve with a brand new remanufactured on, still the idle gets faster when I put it into park! The trans kick down cable and other cable don't seen to be too tight!?

Car runs and drives great, only issue I have is a high idle when I put the car into park or neutral! I just replaced the idle air valve with a brand new remanufactured on, still the idle gets faster when I put it into park! The trans kick down cable and other cable don't seen to be too tight!?

I really don't want to waste space making a separate thread!

Looks Good
Thanks! It's coming along slowly!

What are you idling at? My 245 is having a similar problem, bout 1200ish.

I swapped out the cluster to see if a known working one! It doesn't a tach! I plan on swapping it back in and checking to see what it idles at! What should a 240 idle at!?

maybe lubricate the throttle cable, could be binding causing a high idle. just a thought.

Tach

I swapped out the cluster to see if a known working one! It doesn't a tach! I plan on swapping it back in and checking to see what it idles at! What should a 240 idle at!?

phil had one wiTh the correct finish for the 93. You may want to check him out.

maybe lubricate the throttle cable, could be binding causing a high idle. just a thought.

After I swapped in the new one and noticed no difference of the course of the first two days, I once again checked all the cables, they are all slightly loose and seem to move freely. I may lube them up any way. What the best stuff to use on the throttle cables?

phil had one wiTh the correct finish for the 93. You may want to check him out.

I have half a dozen of them sitting around. I had bought one from Phil, the one year only later style matching tach. I don't have any reason to pay another hundred dollars for one for this car. I have already drop over 4K into this thing, and it still has a little bit of a way to go before it's tip top. Eventually when the car earns its strips, then maybe, haha!

Crappy Cell Pics of Sky High 245

Did the front suspension a couple months ago, just finished it over with KYB heavy duties in the rear with IPD overload springs! This thing is set up for hauling now! I think I may take Chris's reinforcement plates off he front to drop the front end a bit! Although I am not going for sporty with this car, the front end is a little awkward! Not even sure what the benefit is to having the reinforcement plates up front of this thing!

Before-

During-

After-

After I swapped in the new one and noticed no difference of the course of the first two days, I once again checked all the cables, they are all slightly loose and seem to move freely. I may lube them up any way. What the best stuff to use on the throttle cables?

I have half a dozen of them sitting around. I had bought one from Phil, the one year only later style matching tach. I don't have any reason to pay another hundred dollars for one for this car. I have already drop over 4K into this thing, and it still has a little bit of a way to go before it's tip top. Eventually when the car earns its strips, then maybe, haha!

Did not know you already had the tach but it adds up quickly and more so when you pay someone else to do the work. I Orlando now and NJ Tuesday and no time to work. LOL. What happened to the Polaris?

The Polaris are on Old iron! Ohh ya! It adds up mighty fast! This is a car we don't truly need at all, and I have put so much money into it! We will drive it and get out money out of it through pure use!

The Polaris are on Old iron! Ohh ya! It adds up mighty fast! This is a car we don't truly need at all, and I have put so much money into it! We will drive it and get out money out of it through pure use!

I'm with you on that! Purchased some 15" p4 tires and have not had time to get them mounted for the red wagon. But when I get back home, I finishing it or least getting it running.

What, you have not gotten it running yet! Come on man! ;0

No, I am right there with you! I hardly get anything accomplished! It was nice to get this done! What are the tires going on!? I have some Virgo wheels I need to have restored!

What, you have not gotten it running yet! Come on man! ;0

No, I am right there with you! I hardly get anything accomplished! It was nice to get this done! What are the tires going on!? I have some Virgo wheels I need to have restored!

Just not a big priority since this travel work need to be done and a lot rush to get it done and miss stuff. I know I have. Could have had it running weeks ago but the extra cost time. Now might even change directions with it. Got some Virgo that need redoing as well but no time for that now.

Back