• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 turns over, won't start, codes 123 & 224

RickATL

1993 240/244 2.3

Would a coolant temperature sensor fault code be thrown and cause a no start due to no coolant?

This is the first start in near a year after a reconditioned head and many new parts. I wanted to perform a coolant system flush with a cleaner so i just put some distilled water in with the thermostat removed. I was going to add the cleaner once it started through the overflow container. The coolant temperature sensor is a new one.

Check that the coolant temp sensor connector is fully seated, and that it's the right connector. On a '93, I don't know if it's possible to accidentally swap a couple connectors, but it is possible on earlier years that have a separate start injector.

I had a coolant temp sensor code problem turns out it was a bad ground on the fuel rail [2 grounds]

Thanks for the help.
I put in new coolant temp sensors, re- set the timing belt, and 13 hours later, i figured out it was the terminal cartridge fuses. Looks like it was almost a fire.
pABe7w52Zps8JaRz8

Attachments

• 20190603_201349.jpg
    20190603_201349.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 29
Back