• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My first brick... 1989 240 DL Wagon

Looks like it. Get some updates.

Well the T5 lost 1st and 2nd gear. Not sure what happened, but apparently the humming on deceleration was actually not a good thing :lol:

So I started hunting around to source a new T5 to swap everything over to and came across something better.

nxfVy6h.jpg

Of course a new engine means tear down and my boys are all about taking things apart!!! My older one tore down almost the entire engine with my guidance.

AgvM1q2.jpg

8VM7UWJ.jpg

2THcNAQ.jpg

qhVE3oh.jpg

Also ordered a new strut bar, but I am pretty sure I will need to switch the a car intake to make it work.

q4vkgm8.jpg

Talking to a guy right now on facebook about a Weiand 300-111 intake for pretty a good deal with billet fuel rails.

Next on the purchasing block to make this thing ready to install-
-STS Motor and Tran Mounts
-220/220 Cam
-LS2 Timing Chain
-Hooker Cast Headers
-New oil pan to clear subframe
-New stall. Thinking 3000 or 3200. See what I can get a better deal on.

Also need to work on piecing together the accessories for the front of the motor to work with the intake. I know I can maintain all the truck stuff and relocate the idler and cut the bracket, but the alternator will stick up so high. All thing I will have to figure out.

Nice. Keep updating. I want to swap out the red block for something else one day.
Make them boys learn early!

So cool to show your kids how to enjoy something you love too! I don't think enough parents have the patience to teach and guide something like this to youngsters. A+ dude!

Nice. Keep updating. I want to swap out the red block for something else one day.
Make them boys learn early!

I will. Really can't wait to get the LS into the Volvo. It is going to be a completely different vehicle!

So cool to show your kids how to enjoy something you love too! I don't think enough parents have the patience to teach and guide something like this to youngsters. A+ dude!

Thanks! I definitely try and keep my boys working on new things and learning. All things I wish I would have done more with my dad when I was younger. And when they ride in a fast car and there faces light up, it's awesome!

I did drive over to the center of the state and snag up some new suspension for when I start tearing things apart. Needs new inserts and I may need to upgrade the front springs to compensate for the weight of the new motor.

HLiuZJY.jpg

Nice! I would seriously consider redrilling those top mount stud holes to mount those plates so they help with caster instead of camber if handling is important to you. I wish I would have done that on my set. Caster is really important in these cars, and as we lower them (and add rake like I did) we are removing some caster.

Back