• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Searching B230FB+T Oil Cooler

Brotkasten

Jonas
I'm driving my FB+T for a week now. Already added an electic fan to keep it cool.

Would like to fit some kind of oil cooler before "flooring it" tho. I dont want to get a water cooled system.

Is there a good after market/universal solution?

You could use a 240 Turbo oil cooler setup. I'm assuming that you have the MAF sensor relocated to the passenger side? If so, then the oil cooler can go where the old air filter box was located.

-J

mh? why dont you ask ?!

Go for a "normal" type of oilcooler like above with AN fittings where you can make the lines by yourself.. only in this case you can make sure it fits like you want it to..

The adaption happens with a Sandwichplate and an OC606 PT Cruiser 2.4l Filter or an relocationkit from hinritech-performance.de

/edit
Looked in the link.. yeah.. like so, but go teh AN Steelflex way cause of the reasons mentioned above ;)

Or get the hoses made by http://www.hytec-hydraulik.com/ then go for Ermeto or flare fittings.

Best: universal Setrab cooler. I'd usually recommend the Setrab but I can't disqualify some of the better Chinese stuff atm. Not that there is something wrong with that per se just that it's a shame to pay premium for it in a German webshop, I'd go directly to aliexpress.

These sandwich plates, with thermostat, not bad at all. Of course I'd want the original Wahler plate from volvo but not always easy to find.
CNSPEED Filter Sandwich Plate Thermostat Adapter AN10 Fittings 3/4 "16-UNF YC100564
http://s.aliexpress.com/v6FVBj2q?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Why not no cooler at all? Is it really necessary on a road car?

It's my daily and I'm willing to spend 120? to reduce the risk of overheating when going mad on the Autobahn... or Landstra?e. Overheating can get expensive and I want to keep my 531 head.

Why not a water to oil cooler? Just curious

I honestly just dont want to mess with the coolant system again... :rofl: it just had a flush
AND it looks cool... :nod:

+T parts, Volvo 240T oil cooler, Oil cooler "short kit," N/A K-jet Intake, PS Non-A/C

OE fit and finish.

240t_o10.jpg

Or build your own kit.

oil_co10.jpg

Back