• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Nathaninwa Intake/Rail w/ ID1000 Injectors

MisterBLC

Guys,

Working on upgrading my injectors to ID1000s on my 740T, with a Nathaninwa Intake/Manifold. The ID1000s are 60mm long versions with the purple adapter to get the length right. The trouble is, the purple adapter has no groove in it for the clip to attach them to the fuel rail and I am nervous about just letting them float in the rail/manifold. Anyone else ever run ID1000s and had a similar issue? Is it OK to just let them float in there?

Thanks,
Brian

yikes... no clip is no good.. 4,5-5 bar of pressure wants to pop them off.. The fuelpressure will at least make them wander in the bore and war the sealing at last..

Yes I ran this setup for a while with no clips. I did not have a problem necessarily but did find that the injectors were being pushed down far enough into the injector bungs to create a boost leak around the bottom o-ring. I bought a different companies adapter hats with clip grooves, i think the link is buried in my build thread somewhere

My adapters have no clips, but I'm also using a stock intake. Never had an issue.

I didn't on the stock manifold either, but the NIW intake does not have a tapered bore that prevents the injector from being pushed down far enough so it breaches the seal of the o-ring.

Not having any luck finding the top hats that I bought. Here is a picture of the injector pushed down by fuel pressure vs held up in the clips:

DEsNtOa.jpg

J2QjfL2.jpg

If you find where you got those clipped adapters, can you update this thread? I remember reading your post about the moving injectors. I have ID1000's in my NIW manifold, and noticed the same movement.

Jordan

Chuck them in a drill press and carefully file a keeper groove. It’s like 1mm wide and .5-1mm deep. A hacksaw blade was the right width for me.

Thanks for the info guys, I think I found a US supplier for an adapter cap that will also do the trick at like $8 per cap...once I get them in the mail I will let you know how well they work!

Back