• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

poll: 7/9 series Airdam style

perferred lip style?

• no cutout

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • outout in top

Votes: 32 62.7%
  • cutout in bottom

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • crazy lip

Votes: 12 23.5%

• Total voters

jao

i've had multiple requests for the airdam that i getting ready to make to NOT have a cutout in the top of it. after i made it i thought it might look good with the cut out in the bottom instead, like splitters or a 5 series... so here it is, vote for your favorite way.

1: no cut in the top

2: cutout in the top
SANY0007.jpg

3: cutout in the bottom
b7_1_b.JPG

4: some other style entirely
crazycarmod05.jpg

hmmm so cutout in top is the current favorite? cool that means i don't have to change my mold ;)

I voted for cutouts on the top too. I've always liked the stock 240 airdams with the square holes cut into it

I'm not sure..I think the lip looks good at some angles, but looks really odd and out of place in some other shots. Maybe your car just needs to be slammed, I don't know..or maybe the lip needs to be extended more. I think the large gap just looks off, but to each his own.
MAJOR PROPS for getting something into a mold and having it done, though. In my ~3 years on the board, we've all seen so many ideas come and go for getting certain kits, lips, splitters, etc made into molds, but nothing ever was completed.

This lip is not for the ricer crowd..It is one of those "this should have come stock like this" lips....its not flash and lines up with all the factory parts making it seamless. And trust me with the car lowered it makes a difference:
411drags_3627.jpg

the eggcrate thingy looks off with the cutout in the top, to look right it needs to be removed. i made this as close as i could from pictures of the one that volvo offered as an accessory back in the day, i couldn't find those pictures when i was finalizing it... i don't even remember if the OE one has a notch in the top or not.

MAJOR PROPS for getting something into a mold and having it done, though. In my ~3 years on the board, we've all seen so many ideas come and go for getting certain kits, lips, splitters, etc made into molds, but nothing ever was completed.

thanks!

Yeah the notch is just too bad. I don't like it.
Do you have any photos from the back? What are these made of?
I'm wondering how easy it would be to either make an eggcrate grille work, or put in more material to fill up the silly hole.

I think an entire 940 body kit would be great as long as it doesnt look ricey.
I dont like the cut out myself because I want to keep the grill, I dont like the huge opening it leaves once its gone.

Back