• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cordless Impacts.

I advise anyone in the market for an impact wrench to do some research. Real Tool Reviews on YouTube has some of the most excellent non biased reviews out there. He will directly compare different brands build quality, price, dimensions, torque levels etc.

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fVH0PbLAEls?ecver=2" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tzqYnZ2DUa4?ecver=2" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Boy, I'm glad those guys from 2 years ago can go ahead and buy the impact you suggested. I bet they were getting tired of waiting for this info! Lol

Also Im sorry for any of you that spent money on a snapon cordless impact. It's a gimmic, they're much more expensive and don't perform nearly as well as other cheaper brands.

Meh, I get a nice discount on Snap-On.

As far as performance goes... There are several guys here in the shop with various other manufacturers. Cost is the only concern keeping them shopping around. No-one, ever, has claimed that theirs outperforms the Snap-On.

Meh, I get a nice discount on Snap-On.

As far as performance goes... There are several guys here in the shop with various other manufacturers. Cost is the only concern keeping them shopping around. No-one, ever, has claimed that theirs outperforms the Snap-On.

Does snapon offer more than a 1 year warranty? Milwaukee is 5 year warranty and they pay shipping and freight for you.

No need to pay shipping when you've got a dealer to hook you up while at work. I've got a 1/4" hex Rigid impact that does swimmingly with the small fasteners.

Does snapon offer more than a 1 year warranty? Milwaukee is 5 year warranty and they pay shipping and freight for you.

Open this, click on specifications

Says one year on tool, two years on batteries.

Someone here just recently had theirs rebuilt for $60??? and it took two weeks IIRC. I'll have to ask the Snap-On guy next week.

Because of my current job... I have an indefinite warranty (because the shop pays for repair or replacement).

No need to pay shipping when you've got a dealer to hook you up while at work.

Pretty much this.

People forget how easy this makes things. Especially in our situation where we have to check our own tools in and out of the shop to take them away from work.

So, yeah, I get added benefit from my purchase. But, it doesn't change my opinion of the product. It is simply a great (albeit pricey) ratchet.

My corded B&D 1/2" has got so many hours on it that the head needs rebuilding. I've owned it since 1987, so it doesn't owe me much. BTW, the Snap-On version of the same tool for that year was a rebadged B&D, for you trivia buffs...

Between a 1/4" cordless impact and my antique 1960's B&D I am fully covered. That B&D will remove lug bolts in the 'right hand' tighten mode about as fast as in the left 'loosen'. I did have to replace the cord because the 50+ year old rubber/plastic had just about fallen off.

The problem with all the cordless tools is that you have to make a brand decision based on the battery and stick with it because of the cost of the batteries.

I was wondering through a HF last night and their new line of 20v tools come with batteries that sell for $20. If they can't beat them on the tools they will on the batteries. I guess you still get the 20% off.

No need to pay shipping when you've got a dealer to hook you up while at work. I've got a 1/4" hex Rigid impact that does swimmingly with the small fasteners.

No need to pay shipping when you have Amazon prime.

Also the Milwaukee offers their 5 year warranty and a tool with similar performance to the snapon, yet almost half the price.

But snapon is an American company that's good to its employees. When you're a professional there aren't many competitors. When you rely on your tools to make money you don't want to wait for some bs warranty 4 weeks from now.

Most of the companies are china based now

Your average home prospector it's fine

But snapon is an American company that's good to its employees. When you're a professional there aren't many competitors. When you rely on your tools to make money you don't want to wait for some bs warranty 4 weeks from now.

Most of the companies are china based now

Your average home prospector it's fine

Nah actually milwaukee will pay shipping for you and have the tool back in your hands in less than 2 weeks. And I'd depend on that tool much before the snapon. Either way to each their own.

MFFW 2 year bump followed by pedantics

e0ab63cae992931ccd6bc1a79873420d--baby-voice-monday-face.jpg

ISHYGDDT etc.

Nah actually milwaukee will pay shipping for you and have the tool back in your hands in less than 2 weeks. And I'd depend on that tool much before the snapon. Either way to each their own.

Watch some AVE on YouTube. The tool guy is pretty biased

Mulfukie is good stuff. I personally have Ridgid and have abused the brown out of it. Had two batteries crap out on me after I left an impact out in rain twice for over a week

Watch some AVE on YouTube. The tool guy is pretty biased

Mulfukie is good stuff. I personally have Ridgid and have abused the brown out of it. Had two batteries crap out on me after I left an impact out in rain twice for over a week

He is FAR from biased what are you talking about? He states specs and tests each tool equally.

And yeah I saw aves milfukie dead after a year:/ big fan of uncle bumblefu<z>ck though

He is FAR from biased what are you talking about? He states specs and tests each tool equally.

And yeah I saw aves milfukie dead after a year:/ big fan of uncle bumblefu<z>ck though

He is sponsored by lots of those companies.. if you watch uncle bever videos you know what I'm talking about. Ave is super skeptical about his numbers. There was a prequel to testing some old snap on few weeks ago. He's going to replicate the tool guy tests shortly

Just watch the vajeho you college liberal arts major

https://youtu.be/WG8KU_ln77k

I didn't even know about fool guy until recently but it's horrible watching him... same style as all other viral YouTube channels. Telling me I must like I must click etc...

Liberal arts major:lol:

FAKE NEWS JACK

Btw it's pretty hard to be biased when he's using his skidmore wilhem or whatever to test the tools. Whether he's sponsored or not shouldn't really matter, to me it seems the tests that he puts the tools through are legitimate.

Don't get me wrong, I've watched Ave for years.

Last edited:
Back