• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My 1966 Volvo 122

IMG_7747editsm_zpsea895386.jpg

Have a High res of this? It could totally be my background for awhile.

I think those lebaron shocks will work on the rear too. I'm going to get a set and try them.

Worth a shot. The numbers dont make sense, but its early and im not really fully functional haha. The bottomed out stock rear is almost 11" and fully maxed out lebaron is 10.6". Technically you could fit it maybe, but I dont know that there would be any travel. Is that right?

Keith,

Did you go with bags front AND rear? It looks fantastic!!

Thanks! Yeah I did the front and rears. Its about as low as it can go until I cut a little more. Even after that it will only be about another 1/2" or so lower. Just nice to have some ride quality back.

Keith, Maybe I missed it in the thread, but how did you relocate the front shocks?

Removed the sway bar and used the mount on the lca for the bottom of the shock and made a mount for the top of the shock and bolted it on. Couldnt really figure out any other way to do it.

OK, thanx. Got any pics of this mod? Um, I forgot to tell you in my last post how great your ride looks, I'm really diggin' those chrome wheels, too! Your giving me ideas.

Put some new 205/45's on the steelies. Rolled out to the Good Guys Show here in Phoenix. Thousands of cars (obviously I was the only Volvo), but it fit in with the old domestics pretty well. Low 70's and breezy, cant beat that!

IMG_8213esm_zpsbb3c7b56.jpg

IMG_8204esm_zps6ad19fef.jpg

IMG_8121esm2_zpseee31c11.jpg

Picked up some beauty rings on ebay to try out. Not feeling it. They change the look in a direction im not really going. Definitely more of the 50's vibe. They might look better with a taller tire and white wall kind of thing.

beautyrings_zpsdb5bed55.jpg

beautyrings2_zpsd17ad580.jpg

I'm feeling it.

They dont look bad or anything. I just keep feeling drawn into the 50's styling of the car and I think the rings arent helping. Im really not into 50's domestic cars, but the amazon was designed after them so its hard to escape. There is also the 60's european element to the design that I fell in love with. Im trying to keep it more in that direction. However, Im going to run these for a little bit and see if they grow on me.

Yeah I hated the thought of the rings on your car but that was before the picture
Loaded(thank you sprint for having terrible data speed). When I saw the pic my mind completely changed. Looks tighter than butt cheeks

Back