• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

"Thor" 1980 244 R-Sport

Awesome progress mate , don't worry about making it unoriginal. All your mods so far seem to be non-permanent, so reinstating it to original spec should be a doodle. Can't wait to get cracking on my 244 as well. Truly inspiring.:)

I got a gift for Thor:

283.jpg

John

Forth rode the Thunder God, resplendant on his filly!
I'm Thor!, he cried ...
his horse replied
You forgot your thaddle, thilly.

Sorry, I was reminded by this thread. :)

Cool-looking car, BTW!
You're aware of the problems with fitting a 940T engine into a 240, unless the dizzy already mounts to the block, or you do the block-mount conversion?

Great work mate!
I've followed this projecto on RWD Volvos forum as you know (and I coldn't think of a better car for my spare strut braces to go to!) and while I have always liked it in its original form, what you are doing to it is AWESOME!
Something similar is what I plan eventually for my 242GT...when the current registration expires in October it is going onto a SPecial Interest registraion scheme for classic cars, restricted use, and when I can afford it then I will be doing something very similar to you, with a few differences of course!
Mine will have Geminis and a slightly modernised variation on the original GT paint scheme...

Go turbo!

Yeah, Thor will be great with a turbo.

I can confirm that this change in project direction took place when Steve and I were in a pub, but we were both sober!

John

i believe john has turbo engine and wiring loom in his shed somewhere !!

im also looking at an unsuspecting 240 , to swap all the go faster bits into .

I believe Max is toying with selling his 244 turbo that has a B230ET being run by LH2.4.

You could rob the hard work he's done doing the conversion and put it into thor, then use your old engine to convert his back to B21A power.

WOW! Now that sounds like a good idea to me! Ill have to weigh it up and have a think.

Steve

Sod that, I'll come and weld up a downpipe for you if it means another 240 turbo on the UK roads.

(thats the only bit of welding to do)

edit,

Let me get my van finished and I'll bring my mig up.

Sod that, I'll come and weld up a downpipe for you if it means another 240 turbo on the UK roads.

(thats the only bit of welding to do)

edit,

Let me get my van finished and I'll bring my mig up.

Steve has first dibs on a donor car. A late 940 2.3HPT M90. We went out for a test drive on Saturday and all seems good. It's in daily use now, but it will be for sale in about 12 months. That fits in with time/money constraints for Steve, and gives him time to get other aspects of the project ready.

I haven't spoken to him about your offer, but I expect he'll take you up on it. Having someone around who's actually done this before would be very useful!

What's the timeframe on your van?

John

Well the paintwork is meant to be starting any day and should take about 3 weeks, but he's been telling me that for about 6 weeks now, then it needs an MOT an then a fit out inside which will be about 2 weeks.

Back