• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

idling problem.

chirish1234

Okay here is the setup.

1989 volvo 240 wagon
B230ft 1991
V15 enem turbo cam (.017 shimmed)
937 ecu with tlao chips
50 trim ebay turbo
42lb high res injectors
740 turbo fuel pump
3"amm 012 (moved to before turbo)
Relocated battery
Old hks bov

Now the car will drive fine and pulls really well. When its cold it will rev and drop down to idle fine. When warm or close to warm it will not hold an idle but still drive fine.. Its only pulling 12ish hg of vacuum as well and I CAN NOT find any vacuum leaks. It will hold a 22hg of vacuum on decel though. This is driving me nuts. Any ideas? I've also checked the timing about 3 times.

It's .017 on intake and exhaust?

Lawrence at Knox suggested I always run my cam at cold last .012 on intake and .018 on exhaust.

I have an LC1 innovate I can sell for a good price since youre in need at this point.

I'm guessing right now, is that after acceleration its riching out and wanting to die. I don't get any pinging whatsoever.Pulls smoothly. I'm thinking about putting in a new o2 sensor . I can test the lamda system which would tell me whats happening. I just have to go pick up some batteries for it. I swapped AMM which seemed to help but the problem just came back later on.

I think you're guessing correctly

Although, if it's having problems learning, it should affect cruise as well. I'd clean up the throttle body and IAC and see what it does

Last edited:
I'm having a very similar problem but i'm on a stock b230 with lh2.4, car runs rich though i'm pretty sure I need to replace the o2 sensor

I was thinking more along the lines of it being open at idle. 12 in/hg is pretty low vacuum, makes me think of a large leak. And I was under the impression that if you wanted to run a bov vented to atmo you want the maf afterwards, but he didnt mention stalling after letting off the gas. Of course neither we nor he can tell if he's running excessively rich at idle, so not much to go on there.

Then again, if it revs and drops to idle fine when cold that should rule out the bov, because it could care less what the temp is.

Last edited:
this is true, but I also don't go into boost cold. I'm going to try to recirculate it. I drove it 2 and a half ours, drove greast, just wont hold an idle. No bogging or pinging issues though. And my AMM is relocated to before the turbo, so im thinking now maybe its telling it its getting more air then it actually getting so its running rich when the bov opens? hmmmmm.

Back