• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Wierd cut-out when warming up 88 b230ft, never when hot

Steve C

When the car is started cold and warming up or being driven before hot there is an intermittent cut-out.

It is like the spark is shut off momentarily, not enough to kill the engine but enough to drop the revs to about 400 which it ususlly recovers from.

If I am driving (off the idle circuit) the same thing happens but obviously because the revs are higher they don't drop as much. In my opinion this eliminates the idle circuit as the problem.

Last night the engine cut-out and died while driving and would not restart.

I can hear the the pumps running and my fuel pressure gauge (tapped into the supply to the fuel rail) indicates regular (43 psi) pressure.

I went back to the car 3 hrs later and it started so I made the short drive home with the intermittent cut-out thing happening

When it is warm it never ever has this cut-out problem

Anyone have a similar story that could help me out?

I have a similar prob. I just started a thread about my similar dilema. In the past i have fixed a dying upon start up by cleaning the Throttle body. Sometimes the throttle plate gets stuck and the car wont idle. Cleaning the idle control motor/valve thingy(technical term) will fix it. From what i know there are MANY things that cause idle probs. Something as little as a dirty TB all the way to a bad fuel pump or bad fuel pump relay. I hope people respond to my thread. I am the only one to respond to yours, so i dont have my hopes up too high. I think people are sick of helping with such common and minor probs. Hope i helped :?

I have been through the regular maintenance procedures, what puzzles me is that I only see my problem while warming up, never ever while hot.

The other puzzling thing is that it occurs OFF-IDLE as well.

Back