• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

So I need tubes and stuff.

the poi

Has been
So my brake lines are hideous, and in the way for my bay re-painting, so they're coming out. I'd like to put back in polished SS lines, i can 1/4" and 3/16" for cheap from Jegs, but I'm not sure what size and fittings I'll need to get those lines onto all the metric fittings on the car (ABS box, line back to the rear brakes, the rubber brake lines). So basically, what are my options here...

If you are refering to hardlines....

be careful with SS. They typically look much nicer but getting them to seal is much more difficult because the metal is not as formable as some of the ther line materials....

blkaplan said:
If you are refering to hardlines....

be careful with SS. They typically look much nicer but getting them to seal is much more difficult because the metal is not as formable as some of the ther line materials....
Some of what i've been reading suggests that. It seems the be the best thing to keep looking pretty, and it appears I've lost my mind in regards to making my engine bay look pretty. Naturally, leaks would defeat the purpose entirely, so I want to make sure everything is sealed properly--and thats kinda the point of this thread:-D

edit:// although since you bring up the point--I'm wondering if the copper-nickel lines would look just epic if polished and coated with good quality engine clear coat (eastwood stuff I've been sealing my bolts with, very nice). I'll need new front lines anyway though, seeing as I've annihilated the nuts for the front lines already...

Bwahaha, that obvious solution just saved me some money :-D . A few seconds with a scotchbrite pad and hitting it with some clear gives this bitchin brushed copper/silver look. sweet! I'll post pics but its not that impressive...

Back