• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Some Folvo hooliganism (video)

Open diff?

Man I sure love how Holset turbos sound when they're spooling, especially without an air filter! I ran mine like that for a while too, couldn't get enough of the jet engine sound. Well done man, I've got lots of respect for your project.

Lincoln locker is exactly what you need, I've been running one for a few months now. Absolutely no complaints, and for a crazy project car like yours it's a PERFECT solution. My project car is my daily driver and I love the welded diff, it can be a handful in the rain but you just need to know your car and not freak the hell out when the back steps out. It's obvious you've got that covered.

It's easy to do too. Remove the cover, empty like 3 cans of brake cleaner to clean the gears spotless, then use a mighty powerful welder to zap the gears to eachother and also to the carrier. I've posted some piccies before of how we did mine, we used a 240amp welder. I figure it's gotta be at least 170+ for it to be bombproof, I've heard of 110amp welds failing.

Remove the cover = remove the diff. My diff mount is bolted to the housing cover.

I welded my parts car's diff, might put that in... it all depends if I can borrow a friend's jig to modify the beam for the 8.8IRS stuff (Cobra, Mark VIII, SuperCoupe, etc.)

Colin

solid axle ftw, i put a 8.8 out of an f150 (shortened of course) into my xr4ti, it has a power-loc or traction-loc in it. whatever was ford's lsd.

Back