• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The Unofficial Davis 2014 Thread

Um, the test-n-tune is saturday, might be able to get to the track before heading to Mark's. Only issue would be conflicting events with the drive.
Yeah, the Test-n-Tune is usually on Saturdays all day, with 'run what you brung' bracket racing on Wednesday nights. Wednesdays are a lot cheaper than Saturdays, $15 vs $40 IIRC, but on Saturdays you can run open headers, etc. where as Wednesday nights you have to run mufflers, plus we're done by 11pm for sound ordinance BS. (those morons willingly bought houses on an old military base next door to a race track and airport...did they honestly think it was going to be quiet?!?)

Sorry. The recent political BS trying to close the track hits a raw nerve for me. If they close Sac Raceway the next closest dragstrip from Sac will be Sears Point, an easy 1.5 hours away. They want people to stop street racing, so they try to close the drag strip. Good thinking idiots. :doh:

Yeah, the Test-n-Tune is usually on Saturdays all day, with 'run what you brung' bracket racing on Wednesday nights. Wednesdays are a lot cheaper than Saturdays, $15 vs $40 IIRC, but on Saturdays you can run open headers, etc. where as Wednesday nights you have to run mufflers, plus we're done by 11pm for sound ordinance BS. (those morons willingly bought houses on an old military base next door to a race track and airport...did they honestly think it was going to be quiet?!?)

Sorry. The recent political BS trying to close the track hits a raw nerve for me. If they close Sac Raceway the next closest dragstrip from Sac will be Sears Point, an easy 1.5 hours away. They want people to stop street racing, so they try to close the drag strip. Good thinking idiots. :doh:

I have the same complaint about Seca. The track was there before you moved your rich ass in.

Lack of interest compared to the amount of work involved to put it on Roy. Yeah, we'd love it, but it's a lot of work for all of a dozen or two to show up.

So few that many of us pitched in extra money to cover the costs of the event. I didn't even run and I still gave Mark $$$ to offset the costs.

I have the same complaint about Seca. The track was there before you moved your rich ass in.

Pretty typical, people move into an area and then want everyone and everything else to conform to their desires.

It's worth the 40 bucks, you usually get WAY more runs in on a saturday.

Are they talking about closing the track? ****ing morons. I'm always amazed there is that housing development RIGHT there.

Yeah, been a few people talking about getting it closed down, same crew that's been trying to close down or trim the open time for Cordova Shooting Center if memory serves. All people who moved in LONG after the track and range had been established.

For saturday they also do a little better track prep and there's less rice to play with...er....run against.

Back