• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 OEM Clutch cable, the new standard....

DET17

Reformed SAABaholic
Bought this from an online Volvo dealer. Not exactly what I expected:

DSCN46181.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Confirmation of part#:

DSCN46171.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Whaddaya think boys, should work like a champ, right?

Curious if anyone else has bought the "good OEM cable" as of late, and what they received. Dealer said he will take it back....but, where now to find the good stuff? Anything but NOS left?

I got some stuff from a well-known online discount dealer in the last year, and almost all of it had anomalies that made me suspicious. Some of it resembled after-market parts that I have seen, even when it was in a plastic bag with Volvo printed all over it (all the ones I had seen before that were in blue boxes). Some were not in blue packaging at all, just stuffed in a paper envelope. I can see that some parts might be stocked in bulk, but I have never seen gen-u-whine Volvo parts delivered that way. They wouldn't pull a fast one like that (selling aftermarket parts as genuine), would they?

Has anybody walked into their local dealer lately and bought a clutch cable? I would like to hear what it would look like.

Looks similar to last one I bought....except it had threaded metal hsg/ jacketing/covering on bell hsg end of cable that threads in/out of bell hsg adjuster. I see nothing wrong nor suspicious nor anything suggesting that it is not an oe Volvo clutch cable.. Use it!

Last edited:
I haven't seen a Volvo setup, but could something like this be adapted?

"Works with Saginaw, Muncie, GM T-10 & Jerico transmissions, as well as any transmission that has a bearing retainer collar with an outside diameter of 1.395" or less, as the inside diameter of this throwout bearing is 1.400"

Probably with enough time, money, and skill, but the hydro stuff is on late 7 sticks, and adapting/ building a longer pedal can't be too hard if you want to mish-mash mix-match the Volvo stuff.

I bought a genuine volvo cable from Tasca last year and it was a Gemo one. I don't use the type in the photo above. They cause pain and suffering to assemble on the car and don't have enough adjustment. The Gemo cable is like the original cables minus the internal teflon sheath on the cable itself.

If its not the one inch too short one.....it should work AOK....don't look like the too short one from what I can see...pic of it outta the bag possible?

^:rofl:

The italy made crappy plastic sheath volvo ones are a little better than that. They make it a couple years before getting weird/stiff and pulling through the firewall not too long thereafter or having the clutch pedal bracket pull down the inner cowl and let water into the cabin in a basically irreparable area. That's always nice to inform someone of that that the previous cheap mech/owner got readily available junk that left them with that.

Hope you guys have a pile of used volvo ones or a cable shop around, or hydraulic parts I guess, custom or factory.

Back