• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pics from the North West T-bricks meet

TheInstagater

Here are some pics from or nice meet and drive to baker.

316561_63_full.jpg

316561_64_full.jpg

316561_65_full.jpg

316561_66_full.jpg

316561_67_full.jpg

316561_68_full.jpg

316561_69_full.jpg

316561_70_full.jpg

316561_71_full.jpg

Last edited:
MINE and i's a turbo with a GT grille and lights. we have fogs we just haven't put them in yet. we had a great time i just got back and i can't wait to do it again

Awesome, awesome, and awesome! Looks like the weather was pretty decent for you guys too! Nice day, nice cars! And nice turnout too :)

Awesome pics man! Actually at first they just showed up as a ton of red X's..... But when I got into the "post reply" screen I could see them all!

Somre great shots. It was such a fun meet, and a totally KILLER drive. I passed more cars today than I have ALL YEAR. It was fun.

John

PS,
Adrian needs a turbo.
So does Jordan.

i wish i could have been at that meet! hopefully my car will be back together by the next one... later all! looks like fun...

ben

145????

Damn, looks like tonsa peeps were there! How many cars did you guys all have up there? And who's 145 is that???? I wanna know more about that thing, see some more pics maybe. It looks good. :cool: Any cool stories or anything to go along with the meet?

Last edited:
yes yes!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!! the flat black flathood club LIVES!!! i was loosing member's here for awhile, but i see many a member there! nice meet, looks like it was fun. wish we had some of those round here, cept i'd be in a "Volvo" pickup truck(mazda w/ volvo badge on grille).

matt.

A:I take good pictures.
B:If anybody from the meet needs picture hosting, I've got my server in the ladn of the living again.
[c]C:/b]You guys (read:wusses) left way to early. Proof is Hurrr.

Now, the actual stories from the meet, with photos for illustration.
Saturday:
We met at John's parents place in Lynden, WA. Awesome people, awesome place.
DSCF0026.jpg

I had a little mishap with a bridge on the way over, and my motor seemed to be running a little rough once I was towed out of the river, so we cracked the head open and took a look.
DSCF0012.jpg

Regardless, we forged ahead with much merrymaking.
DSCF0024.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

We BBQ'ed, (mmm) then went for a cruise. John led, and managed to get me so turned around, I have no idea where the hell went. I think we were by the Canadian border at some point, but I'm not sure. :e-shrug:
John then took us to Lynden's saturday night hotspot. Dairy Queen. Booyah. We talked more, and generally dominated upon the parking lot, as we are wont to do.
After the Saturday night DQ experience, we went our separate ways, and went to sleep. Jordan and I had fun on the *cough*track*cough* on the way home. 'Nuff said.

Sunday:
Ahh, now the real fun begins. Instagater already posted my pics from today, so I'll just repost them and caption them too. I'm sure all you 56kers will love me for that. :-D
We met at Lowe's at noon. Again, there was much pwnage of the parking lot. Much. We made many many innocent bystanders confused.
316561_69_full.jpg

We then went down the street, whereupon we realized that Mt. Baker Highway was many many miles long, and would use many many gallons (that's litres to you Canadian fellows :-P) of fuel. So we stopped for gas. Again, much pwnage of the parking lot. Some folks in a jeep weren't too happy about it, expressing their distate for the power of the Volvo quite eloquently, IMHO.
316561_71_full.jpg

So therefore, we went down the street to yet another parking lot, the post office as a matter of fact, whereupon we scared little old ladies in their Caddies with our massiveness. <-- Not a word, but what the hell.
316561_73_full.jpg

Then the driving began. Mt. Baker Highway was mastered. 'Nuff said. I annoyed everybody behind me with my lack of passing power. I say, if you're that annoyed, send me a turbo! :-D
Nonetheless, we all had loads of fun. Vurbo's car was ran through its paces, as evidenced by the smoking cat.
316561_78_full.jpg

We then had a nice rotor-warping time down the mountain. I didn't hold back as many people with my NA-ness, but I did see alot of vacuum.
After the mountain run, we wandered back to jcrump84, WeezilUSA, and TheInstagater's, where there was more barbecuing, and again, general merriment. The vast majority of people left just in time for Jordan to lay down the video previously mentioned. It was HAWT.

So that's our meet. A bunch more photos were taken, it'll be cool to see 'em all. Weezil got some video too.

Last edited:
klr142 said:
And yeah, what about that black 145? Who's was it??? :-D

That's Bryan's. I forget his screenname on here, Weezil or jcrump will know it. It's pretty sweet. Completely gutted, decently powered, it's pretty cool. Plus the flat black is pizimp.

volvoS70 said:
man no love for the only FWD car there or what? theres like one pic of my car! :(
Mostly because it was never moving slowly enough to get shots of! I have a couple more that I'll be posting in a while - I have to shrink 'em down from 4.0 Mpx first.

We got home a few hours ago, though I had to get my wife's old VW back together so I can work on her 850 for a bit... No rest for the wicked. Dale's and my cars ran flawlessly, except for his early Friday fuel pump relay problems. Brad popped up to Van to hang with some family, so I can't say if he made it back alright. Gosh - I hope everything's alright, and his car didn't get dirty or sucked into his throttle body or something! ;-)

Guys - I had a freakin' blast. Thanks so much for hosting, and thanks to everyone to showed. Special thanks to Jordan and Kayla for putting us up Friday and Sunday nights, to make our trip a little less horrid.

If things work out, we'll be down next year, for sure.

Back