• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

lh2.4/b230ft swapped 84 240

im not super worried about the weird things this car does, but i am rather curious.

the car is an original kjet turbo car, swapped in a b230ft from a 780, and it has a 240 lh2.4 harness with 940 ecu/ezk. no speed sensor.

every once in a while ( about once or twice a year) itll do this crap where it just drops revs over and over, like its losing ignition/ecu power over and over, unless your foot is in the gas pedal. itll idle high and do this at stops, it does it while driving, constant weirdness. ( the drive to and from davis was a pain).

im gonna pull codes on it today and see what it has to say. none of the other threads google found for me gave me exactly what i was hoping for. think its a speed sensor or the fat exhaust leak? unplugging the o2 does nothing, it has a new bolbo oem CPS

tl;dr **** box swap car no run good, what do?

My 1991 740 Turbo doesn't rev sometimes. I haven't figured it out, or tried to.

Maybe rig a fuel pressure gauge. My pumps are suspect.

A missing VSS signal and driving over 3K rpm will cause fast idle until car is shut off and a 3-1-1 ECU diag code. http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=342812

that pretty damn neat, i have to say!

the additional problem with that is that i dont have a working cluster in any way. no cable output on the m47.

high idle post-freeway driving doesnt bother me, its the fuel or spark cut it does that makes the rest of driving an annoyance.

in all fairness, the entire drivetrain and harness are being puller later this year ( i hope) in favor of a v6. total difference, and im sure it wont have those issues anymore :)

The rev drop alone can be attributed by a failing/misadjusted idle switch on the throttle body.

But really, the best solution is a Microsquirt.

Back