• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fuel pump dead - time to upgrade?

Fretka

Hey folks

Yesterday it was the second time my car ran out of fuel and I believe that the fuel pump (I guess the main one) is finally dead. I knew it's not good for it's health but now I'll have a lesson.
Have not checked it yet, but I'm pretty sure it's the pump.

Therefore I want to be ready even before I take off both of pumps out and have some questions:
1. Car has some 550cc injectors, 16t, megasquirt, intake upgrades etc. Should I upgrade to something more serious (aftermarket) if I'm planning to push out some more juice of that little turbo and stock internals?
1.1. If I am going the aftermarket way, what should I look for? Price/performance options

2. Maybe someone knows OE codes for both - tank and external fuel pumps? Since e-catalogues for car parts does not have images in some cases, would like to be sure to order the right ones if I'm going the oem way.

Thanks in advance

I would just toss a Walbro 255 or Deatschwerks 200 pump into the tank and get rid of the main pump to reduce the amount of stuff that will give you issues. Planning on doing that to both my cars this summer just for the sake of simplicity and hate having to chase fuel issues with two possible suspects.

Back