• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 LSx swap Driveshaft 1 piece vs OEM 2 piece

The problem with one piece is the lower RPM threshold. You won't be running the salt flats with a one piece.

How fast do you see him going with 500ish CHP in a high 3,000lb car? especially if it has some gear behind it.

Just to bump this with more experience running the factory 2 piece at high mph with a boosted 4.8. When I had my driveshaft built all I had them do was adapt the front of the factory driveshaft to work with the th350 I have, install a new center support bushing and bearing, do a visual on the other 2 ujoints on the driveshaft(deamed great condition) and balance the driveshaft.

He did advise me of a 5500rpm critical speed but so far I have had it at the drag strip with slicks running over 102mph in the 1/8th and well over 130mph on the street(6800rpm in 3rd, 25.5" tire, 3.73 gear). Currently running over 500whp through the mostly factory driveshaft and 100% factory rear diff on slicks. Been doing it for about 4 months now.

The key I think is that I have ZERO traction on the street(open diff 3.73 with a 195 street tire) and ZERO wheel hop at the track(24.5x8x15 slick).

Im using two piece drivelines in two of my 4l60e lsx 240s. Gave the driveline shop the volvo driveline and the slip yoke for the 4l60e. the center support bearing im using is a spicer semi trruck bearing that is the same size as the volvo. been running this setup for 10k miles and no problems.

Curious about your truck center support bearing, I'm sending my out to be fitted to a Getrag and the bearing is shot and needs replacement anyway.
any info would be mucho helpful

Back