• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Stock 92 244 - 14 to 15 inch wheels

Centsableone

SNAFU - BOHICA
I'm currently running 14 inch steelies with hubcaps.
Looking to go to 15 inch Volvo adhara wheels:

What recommendations would you have for the size and make of tire?

I've seen a few threads and that the 195/65R15 comes up a lot. :nod:

adhara.jpg

:nod:

195-65-15 is a good size for these cars.

Dollar for mile the Michelin Defenders are hard to beat, although they're a little more coin up front.

I was hoping to eventually get a RWC suggestion. I'm running Michelins now and tend to lean towards them. I think that the wheels are coming with some trashed 195 65 15s on them for shipping protection. I can put one on and see how they appear.

Thanks!

:nod:

Last edited:
Sedan size is 185/70-14

185/70-14" overall dia 24.2"
195/65-15" overall dia 24.98"

(the difference is approx 3% or if 70mph(185/70-14) new speed 72.16mph(195/65-15)

Makes sense.
My current odometer, like most, reads a mile or two under the speed so maybe it will cancel each other out! In either case, with the mighty 100 hp on a good day usually speed is not one of my high priority concerns.

Thanks for the info. :nod:

^ :nod:

Volvos speedo calibration is typically 2-3% conservative.

205-60-15 would be Ok on a 7" rim, but on a 6" the pooched out sidewall will let the tread squirm around so cornering won't really be improved, but with a slight loss in economy, and heavier steering feel to boot.

I think 205s are too large for a 240. They fit, they just don't look as proportionate as the 195/65-15 does on a 240. Here is what to expect when you put those Adharas on your 240. I think they were made for a 240.

Gaz2pi3.jpg

The Adhara wheels seem to be one of the strongest of the 15" wheels. I have had very few bent Adhara wheels compared to all the other 15" OE Volvo designs. They are also the easiest to clean.

The Adhara wheels seem to be one of the strongest of the 15" wheels. I have had very few bent Adhara wheels compared to all the other 15" OE Volvo designs. They are also the easiest to clean.

Good to know. I hope to keep between the white lines and away from potholes and curbs so hopefully that will not be an issue regarding the strength.

Cleaning hopefully will be easier too. Thanks for info. :nod:

The 195/60-15 and a 205/55-15 are very well fitting upgrade sizes. Unless you really need the taller tire for the winter crap. But for the nice weather on a 240 I would suggest these sizes. For the winter I use the 205/60-15 to help cushion things a bit.

So, I went with 195/65R15 Michelins. Suffered a couple wheel stud failures when removing the old tires so had to hit the local parts store for those to add to the price of tires, valve stems, mounting and balancing, road hazard, disposal fees, shop fees, local taxes :omg:

14blue1.jpg

15blue1.jpg

15blue2.jpg

15blue3.jpg

Now, just re-install the rear valance, door side trim and about two hundred other items :nod:

Back