• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2016 East vs. West Competition.

thanks bud! you needa get yours back together and out there, gotta beat that LS-T time of 11.66 ;)

Im working on it. Engine and trans are in, Im fabbing a new hotside and making a few changes to the old set up. Hope to have it on the dyno in the next month or so. Might pm you soon with a few a/c hookup questions.

You guys are so fooking fast, it's like...what's the point of submitting high 13's anymore. LOL. Geez!

enough participation balances things out, that's why. If 4 people submit times, then yes, the side that's got an outlier will probably run away with it, but if say, 20 or 30 (or more) people participate then a bevy of 15 second passes will drown out a couple fast cars.

Right! It's almost like theyre running some high tech big displacement engine, that if you sneeze into it, will make big power :rofl::rofl:

Hm. a 2.5 liter volvo motor isn't what I'd call big displacement. a pushrod 5L v8 ain't exactly high tech, however if you choose to go ford over chevy you should be satisfied with underachieving.

Of what, the "other" category?

Check it again baws, runnin' it in two categories.

Yessss, yes, mmmmm. Commence pissy lil Turbobricks mode.

wat

Are you okay?

clearly he's not.

I'm totally going to get involved in this, just have to get the 83 GLT +I back into service. It's been too many years since I've made a pass down a legit drag strip. Hold me to it. It will be sometime this year, 16's or bust! LOL

well, let the east down tonight.
only managed a 10.29@133.4

can't spray it, don't have enough injector :( still managed to cut a 1.5 60' tho.

new PB, but no change in points
162855347.jpg

I know it is probably somewhere on here but I was curious what kind of rods and cr ratio are you running on goldie? I know you seem to be somewhat of a grudge racer so you may not want to post hp numbers or I guess it really doesn't matter since your 1/4 mile time is posted. I plan on building a similar motor but in a 240. Just wondering if I should try and get something better than the RSI rods I currently have. I just got 8.1cr pistons from Johnv and was really impressed with the quality and I feel kinda bad matching my rsi rods that were ran for about a thousand miles before I aquired them.

I know it is probably somewhere on here but I was curious what kind of rods and cr ratio are you running on goldie? I know you seem to be somewhat of a grudge racer so you may not want to post hp numbers or I guess it really doesn't matter since your 1/4 mile time is posted. I plan on building a similar motor but in a 240. Just wondering if I should try and get something better than the RSI rods I currently have. I just got 8.1cr pistons from Johnv and was really impressed with the quality and I feel kinda bad matching my rsi rods that were ran for about a thousand miles before I aquired them.

not a grudge racer. in fact at events I think the furthest I've ever gotten was the quarter finals, and that was with the evo (****ing spec clutch). Anyway, it is all documented in one of two places, the 90's build thread, or the 90 part two shooting for 9's build thread. 8:1 is a little low IMO, but it's not a show stopper. I've got RSI rods and pistons in the gold car (side note-they're essentially the same, john brags about having better rod bolts but I know of few people who've stretched OEM bolts and no one that's stretched the fairly standard size that RSI spec'd for their rods YMMV, etc, but ya know). I believe the CR is around 9:1. Not super high. If I scatter the engine I'll push it up to closer to 10:1, but if it never breaks it's not something I'll cry over either.

TL,DR: rods are fine, just make sure you've got the right length for the piston and the right pin diameter. you may be in for a set of rods based on that anyway. Aside from that, they're all china rods, and they're all fine.

Back