• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Some Initial impressions- turbos, Avalanche Cam gear, etc

"Kenny, did she bitch at you for being fat as

the hood flew up?"

LOL. No, but in a way it'd have been good if she had- at least then i'd know where

she's at. :lol:

"Good to see SOME projects around here getting off the ground."

off the ground.

LMAO. Nice pun!

"So Kenny, your AMM is post-turbo now?
How is that working out? You think that'll

last?"

Ya, always has been, I left it in the stock NA car spot. It's working well. The car is real smooth

and good. It gives a funny little mild miss or something just sortof at one throttle position and rpm or

something. Just moving the gas pedal/changing gears corrects it. I'm amazed how well this is all working. It's

all a tad rich but I don't mind that of course.

Good luck with the IC install! Keep us posted.

These half performance/half BS threads are great. Like the old days.... :cheers:

"Kenny, did she bitch at you for being fat as

the hood flew up?"

LOL. No, but in a way it'd have been good if she had- at least then i'd know where

she's at. :lol:

"Good to see SOME projects around here getting off the ground."

off the ground.

LMAO. Nice pun!

"So Kenny, your AMM is post-turbo now?
How is that working out? You think that'll

last?"

Ya, always has been, I left it in the stock NA car spot. It's working well. The car is real smooth

and good. It gives a funny little mild miss or something just sortof at one throttle position and rpm or

something. Just moving the gas pedal/changing gears corrects it. I'm amazed how well this is all working. It's

all a tad rich but I don't mind that of course.

Good luck with the IC install! Keep us posted.

These half performance/half BS threads are great. Like the old days.... :cheers:

CaptainBondo said:
Nothing yet,

but something is going to have to happen, it's trying to twist itself off the car, and I doubt another 10-14psi

more boost will help the situation...

I still like John Lane's "engine struts", they look like a good

bet.
Anybody know what the crazy swedes use?

I may break down and try some real-deal diesel mounts

too...
So expensive though since they pretty much HAVE to be from a dealer or they send you that generic

scan-tech bs... :bs:

The strut idea is actually a pretty good one. It's what a lot of

FWD cars use on the tranny called a "bobble strut". And those guys have taken them and since modified them so

they're basically unbreakable. I know I've seen the page somewhere, i'll post it later

Hi CaptainBondo,

"ConGrats on your project !"

Havent kept up with what U have chosen to use for fuel management.

Could U give us a quick run down on what U have chosen ?

<^><^><^> Holy1 8)

<^><^><^>

Man I cant wait to see your cars at

Thunderhill/Davis. Not to laugh at, but to steal some ideas. No i am not talking shit I have done more than my

share of crazy shit that didn,t work. I once had an idea on a cheap boost controller consisting mainly of a hobbs

switch and an electrical solenoid to control pressure to the wastegate actuator. I installed it on Pauls car and

went on a test drive It caused the boost to occilate on and off. It felt like fuel was being cut on and off and

on and off... I came across the parts the other day and Paul and I had a good laugh.

ONn the fuel system:
I swapped the Turbo

computer striaght in, it is working good, I have the AMM in the NA spot so it is blow thru.

I am running

the Brown top Ford turbo (#35) injectors with a home-made resistor pack.

With the NA 2.5 bar FPR, I think

it is still a bit rich, just judging by how the exhaust smells and my less than stellar mileage. ;) It isn't

soggy enough to bog or miss at any point in the rev range (it pulls ok starting around 2200rpm- probably like a

stock NA car at 3000. Then it feels like a stock turbo car by about 2600, then 3000 is feels like a stock turbo

car with a boost tweak, and 4000+ is vicious. It doesn't stop fishtailing until 4th if you launch it from

3500-4000. In the rain you have to consciously make sure you let off over things like train track or manhole

covers as it will break loose at 80km/hr on wet train tracks. Hard on the tranny as well doing that.

But anyhoo the plan is to can the FPR and get an FMU which will need a couple pulls on the wideband.

Hope is to run a little less base pressure and then switch the rising rate to >1:1 at whichever boost level it

becomes necessary to do so. so the rising rate probably won't kick in until 14 or 15psi, depending on how this

head breathes, moon phase, etc.
Just throwing out numbers for reference.

If this works well when the

turbo upgrade happens I'll probably try injectors in the 38-42pph range with even lower base pressure.

I'll probably but the FMU and a hp in-tank the middle of this month, and those will be the only other

mods before Thunderdome.

I wanted to have a turbo and header by then, but moving by yourself is damned

expensive. Vacuum cleaners and chairs and pots and pans and lamps and microwaves and phone line connections and

etc get expensive real fast.
Still in theory could pull a highish 13 off with the existing setup, although

she is a heavy piggy.

I think the 12b tops out around 260hp.

Anyone have a cheap mitsu

wheel/housing kicking around? Even a 14b?
The 12b will be the weak link at the thunderdome meet dyno

session.

Well.... I don't know if I have any

particularly interesting parts worth shipping that far.... You need a vacuum cleaner? :lol:
I think they go

on ebay for about 30 for the housing and 30 for the wheel... so like, 60+ shipping? Could be way off... I'll

check.

Well i just want the compressor, not the whole

turbo.
If I was going to spend 175 I'd buy 3 K cams for 175 canadian and trade them to Paul for a 60/63 T3

(which is still the plan- just was looking for a cheap upgrade on the cold side, not the whole turbo).

:p

there is a 14b compressor wheel on ebay at 20 bucks right now, 1 day left, I may see how it turns

out...

Back