• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2012 VCOA Meet is in St. Louis (June 1-3)

condition is... Sitting on Jack stands waiting to get the drive shaft bolted back up and TUNED... Tuning is the part that is holding it back

Oh...OK...we're about even then. All I lack is setting the motor and transmission, wiring, install the interior (after rebuilding the front seats) and paint it. Should be a photo finish!

Just found this picture... Crashed my Car at Forest Park near the tight hair pin turn near Barnes Jewish Hospital on Feb-2009

Good times, Might have to visit that spot for ye ole times.

2335_516385148528_66700919_31099572_1618_n.jpg

Just found this picture... Crashed my Car at Forest Park near the tight hair pin turn near Barnes Jewish Hospital on Feb-2009

Humm... Not to disappoint you too much... but that spot might not look the same anymore. They rebuilt 40/I64 from that point all the way out to Spoede finishing up around the time of your accident.

There's an odd cross-over exit configuration now and no more cloverleaf. Did they finish that before you crashed?

I seem to recall you car being a little crabbed for a while after that.

This would be a good excuse to go visit the fam for a weekend... I'm going to consider this, obviously not in a volvo though.

From my email...
---------------------------------------------------------
Volvo - VCOA USA National Meet St Louis MO June 1-3, 2012 - sign up now!

Hello fellow Volvo Lovers;

The Gateway Chapter of the Volvo Club of America is hosting the really big annual Volvo car club Meet in St. Louis, MO 1-3 June, 2012.

For more details, registration and VCOA membership information visit http://www.vcoa.org/

If you would like even more info click to...

http://vcoa.org/events/national-events

...or email stl_volvos at charter dot net.

Here is the Gateway Chapter's site...

http://sites.google.com/site/gatewayvcoa/

...with contact info for the Chase Park Plaza Hotel. NOTE! The correct toll-free number for the hotel is 1-888-420-0768.

See y'all in St. Louis!

George Dill

End.
--

---------------------------------------------------------

I seem to recall you car being a little crabbed for a while after that.

Is that what caused my crabbed walk... I cant believe you remembered that and the when you told me at the Tulsa meet many many moons ago.

Humm... Not to disappoint you too much... but that spot might not look the same anymore. They rebuilt 40/I64 from that point all the way out to Spoede finishing up around the time of your accident.

There's an odd cross-over exit configuration now and no more cloverleaf. Did they finish that before you crashed?

The cross over was just finished around that time if I remember correctly and I think im sure wasnt changed after that. It was the cross over the Forest Park that went to Barnes, I could be wrong. Its been 3-4 years since ive been back to STL.

I have decided that I will be at this meet.

I might just make it as I've marked my calendar. Although, if I do come down there I expect all of you to make it to Midwest Madness. ;-)

Mmmmm, toasted ravioli. Had it once up in Milwaukee at Pizza Shuttle. So good, not too greasy, not too toasty, just perfect. :drool:

yeah... might want to bring your own Pizza... STL pizza is a bit of an acquired taste.

Also the Schlafly Brewery is quite close to Forest Park down in Maplewood. Maybe 5min on the city-streets - depending on Traffic. Cool place, great brews!

A volvo caravan down there would be pretty awesome

yeah... might want to bring your own Pizza... STL pizza is a bit of an acquired taste.

Also the Schlafly Brewery is quite close to Forest Park down in Maplewood. Maybe 5min on the city-streets - depending on Traffic. Cool place, great brews!

A volvo caravan down there would be pretty awesome

lived here for a 4 years and never made it to the Schafly Brewery.. Their Pale Ale is my favorite but the STL pizza is a joke...

I think I might make this a 4 day event for me... Who's Interested and coming with me to visit some of my old stomping grounds?

Back