• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

microsquirt control of zex tps-activated wet nitrous kit

turbotankshane

b230ft, microsquirt v3, 91 s10

I'm using a zex wet kit on the b230ft in my s10, and wiring is simple: red wire to 12v arming voltage, black wire to ground, white wire to tps signal. The box is looking for 5v to tell it the throttle is wide open to switch the kit on.

So, looking at nitrous control in my tunerstudio, it only gives me the option of the FIDLE pin for a single stage output, and IIRC that pin pulls the circuit low, and I need to put 5v to the trigger wire to be able to control the nitrous box with ms. I'm currently using the FIDLE circuit for boost control, but I plan to switch boost control to the TACHOUT circuit if need be.

The first thought I had would be to use the FIDLE circuit to activate a relay, which would send the +5v sensor supply voltage to the box. I know it needs to see 5v to trigger, but I'm not sure if sending it 12v would cause problems.

Ideas?

Is there another circuit I can program to send out 5v when nitrous activates?

The relay idea would be fine. Not sure why you'd be worried about 12v to the nitrous controller, you'd only be feeding it 5v from the relay.

You really don't want to put 12v into a 5v input, regardless of how protected the circuit is.

Alright, I'll go the relay route then.

I should have been more clear, but I was concerned that using the 5v VREF circuit to feed the nitrous box might cause problems with my sensor inputs. I'm not sure why I thought that, it was just in the back of my head.

Ok, so the FIDLE circuit is going to ground the control circuit of a relay so that the load circuit of said relay will apply 5v VREF to the nitrous control box.

Last stupid question.. Spare ADC is my nitrous Enable input, do I apply power to it, or ground to it?

Edit: Got it semi-working last night, but not through the nitrous control feature. I had to go into the programmable I/O setup and tell the FIDLE circuit to turn on when tps was over 75% and rpm was over 2100, and then it works great. So the only problem I've got is with my nitrous enable input. The Spare adc wire is what TS says is the nitrous enable input, and a friend of mine told me to just put a switched 5v into that circuit to kick it on. But it doesn't work, so what gives?

Last edited:
Still having problems with the enable input. I set one of my gauges in TS to adc6 and its showing an adc value of 993 with the switch off, and 1023 with the switch on... correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that to be 4.9v switched off, and 5v switched on. This leads me to think I'm supposed to pull that circuit low to enable nitrous instead of pulling it high to 5v to enable the circuit.

0-5v analog input. try switching to ground instead of +5v, ms tends to float pins it thinks aren't connected.

Back