• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kg2t Cam VS Rsi Stg 3

str8krewzn

300+ Member
300+ Club
SO i thought i just post a pic up of these two cams....i had great luck with the kg2t but thought i would try somthing a little more agressive, so i went with the rsi stg3, i would LOVE to have gotten the stg 5 BUT some said stock bucket could bottom out or shim could pop out so i went with the stg 3.....i have to say the casting of the RSI cam looks great they did a good job on this one, im hoping for a little more power up top

141736047.jpg

141736048.jpg

rsi on the left kg on the right

Where is the KG2T bought from or who sells them? Always read about them on here but never actually seen a brand or website being mentioned

Where is the KG2T bought from or who sells them? Always read about them on here but never actually seen a brand or website being mentioned

KG Trimning, cool place in Sweden but they ship World Wide. Limited English on Website though, but being in Ireland you're a lot closer than I am in the US.

Call them if you need to know anything , or just shoot them an email.
Most people in Scandinavia will be able to speak/write back in english.

Your camshafts are sitting on the pavement. :-P

So, how's it feel? If you had it this far apart, you must've been able to drive it already... :)

I *think* the RSI Stage 3 cam has more lift, so it's lobe doesn't look as fat, but I haven't looked up the specs, either.

Your camshafts are sitting on the pavement. :-P

So, how's it feel? If you had it this far apart, you must've been able to drive it already... :)

I *think* the RSI Stage 3 cam has more lift, so it's lobe doesn't look as fat, but I haven't looked up the specs, either.

Yes they are i just dropped them their figure they would b fine......:roll:

I dont know ill install it fri when i get the shim kit ;-)

Just came back across this and was wondering about the outcome... How'd it go? What do you think? How different did the powerband feel and in what way? Did you dyno the two setups?

Didn't really feel a difference...they are almost the same spec I guess. I am still limited to 7000rpm, after that It falls on its face. I would really like the C2, the sweds I talk to think it would do real well, but not paying $650 for a single camshaft so its ok for now.

Latest dyno with RSI stg 3/nathin header/intake mani 20psi
152447217.jpg

Dyno with KG2t/nathin header/intake mani 12psi WG and ignition issues
130270325.jpg

Dyno with KG2t/nathin header/intake mani 16-18psi and ignition issues
130270319.jpg

Dyno with RSI stg 3/nathin header/intake mani 16-18psi
147235970.jpg

Dyno with KG2T RSI Header/Stock intake 18psi
119087082.jpg

So I dunno if all of that helps, the cam does good I think,looking at the dyno it ramps up faster that the kg but it still doesn't make power past 6500-7000 and I think its from separation....ill just turn the boost up for more power until I find a cheaper betterer cam lol

Did you ever have your car running well with the KG2T installed or was there always an ignition issue?

Always that ignition noise at 4500rpm....and the ramp up also could be because tuning was better from ls1 coils and sequential inj.....the car ran fine with kg just had that ignition noise at 4500 besides that it was fine

Back