• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I call it ?The Joke of the Neighborhood? 245 +T + more

Old Iron

I Roll
Big updates on page 7
My car has been a long time in the making, and even though I find myself immersed in school and work I still can never manage to get my project car off my mind. It follows me everywhere, even though for the winter it is hibernating in the garage 200 miles away. It is endless plotting and planning. This car for me started off as a pipe dream, I bought it on pure impulse to serve as a parts car to fix my first 240 after it was hit. In the end this car was the one with more manageable damage, so I began fixing it. I had my parents up my butt and my brother harassing me because his John Deere did not fit in the garage as well as he would have liked so I had to make a decision; it was either get rid of both( junk em) or make one good car. After I could manage no more it went to the body shop to get fixed after they both sat in the garage for 6 months. It then sat at the body shop for a year before they managed to complete it.
With all that said, I?ve been tempted to start a project thread for some time now, but have always been hesitant for fear of having just another one of those ?240 projects? and hearing all the bland comments about stock this and stock that. I have a laundry list of some of the things I?ve done and have a massive list of project?s I plan on doing. Like most, budget is one of the things that holds me back. More over my automotive skill lacks tremendously. But this car has taught me so much about cars; more than I ever would have with something else. Honestly, being able to learn from this car and all the things I have done with it are what make me Love it so much. While at this point I?m not likely to produce a car like Cameron?s or fabricate like Karl Buchka I hope that my aspirations to move in a direction that gets me even 1/8 of the way towards their level of work I would be happy. My car is an ongoing project and therefore what and how much I learn is congruent with that. Not that it matters in the scheme of things, but I hope I don?t bore anyone in the process.
So the project started with initially fixing the car. After that the planning began and has not stopped after 3 years. After I fixed the car I made sure it was mechanically sound, it stays in the garage during the winter. About two years ago I began collecting the parts, it started with a full Ipd suspension, sways, sport springs, Bil. HDs. Then about a year ago I collected the parts for the +T conversion. But design school is way too busy to get things I want to do done.
Since I already have filled this page up with so much text, I figure visual?s would serve better?..who wants to read anyway right. Below are a few of the projects I have begun and an inkling of what I plan later on:

Though its is unclear what power goals I might be able to attain in the future, the plan is to use the basic +T as the catalyst for future engine upgrades

The only time I have currently is my speedo cluster upgrade I have been planning. It is in its beginning stages but I will be modifying and improving it as time allows.

[
IMG_0495.jpg

NEWCAR039.jpg

NEWCAR042.jpg

Since I do this **** for my design projects all week long I figured y not for my car, so while I was bored at school one day I put this together. It includes a list of parts, projects and ideas.

DREAM.jpg

My wheels for it:
IMG_0875.jpg

Polaris1a.jpg

Polaris1b.jpg

My current project since i dnt have time for the car is modifying the dash step by step. My new car is my inspiration for this: Below
06accord_2.jpg

Quick sketch of what I wanted to do??but since I don?t have the money or aptitude I dumbed it down to just the cluster(see below)

Volvo240Dashboardradio.jpg

This is the most current mock up, I have to decide on a color for the Acrylic and a color for the LED's that I will use to back light the openings. For now colored plastic and a desk lamp will have have to suffice until I can go get the correct material. In the next version the #'s will be cut out and back lite as well.
dash.jpg

Last edited:
Gauges look great! I was thinking of something similar but didn't have the right kind of material to work with.

Thanks for the responses everyone,
its been along time in the making! Hopefully the Gauges will get done in a timely manor and I'll have something more presentable to show everyone

Well the woman's daughter needs it until she gets her car back from the body shop! so when I go visit my parents and Girl freind in DE for thanksgiving I'll go pick it up, its within 50 miles of my parents house!I figure when we manage to fix it my girl freind can daily drive it, if we can't fix it it will sit in her driveway until spring. Should be an easy fix!

hows it goin with that other one you were gonna buy?

Here's pic's of the girlfriends future DD, OD apparently stopped working about 30,000 miles ago at 138,000k and owner explains that it stalls out.....said mechanic could not fix because the diagnostic module was missing! Problems we'll address once we get it home. My favorite part of the car is the black interior. She Wants 400 bucks, so even though money is super tight and I don't like maroon I can't pass this up.
Rightside.jpg

Dash-1.jpg

You have deffinatly put alot of thought into your 240 and keep up the good work also where did you get the centre caps from for the polaris wheels please as im after some

You have deffinatly put alot of thought into your 240 and keep up the good work
Thank you and you have no clue I have so many idea's......too many to list hear

[/QUOTE] also where did you get the centre caps from for the polaris wheels please as im after some[/QUOTE]

The center's of the Polaris were bored out before they got refinished to accept the new generation centercaps. They look really good.

Back