• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230ft fuel injectors spray fuel all time

FarAway

Hi guys,

I have big problem because i changed my ecu and now the fuel injectors spray fuel even then i put ignition on.

I Changed ecu because off that:
IMG_20190603_115025.jpg

With old ecu car runs but not going over 2000rpm. Oil smells petrol already then. Old ecu was bosch 0 280 000 946 and new is 0 280 000 954. Is it may this be the problem?

Im using stock turbo bosch injectors. If i spray brake cleaner into the intake, car will start. So it got spark.
What to check or do next?

Ne specific help, but with Bosch, the injectors get (switched, and resisted) 12V+ to one side of the injectors when the key is on, and the ECU grounds them to fire them (and all 4 injectors ground to a single wire - they a merged a few inches into the engine harness).

So if they're constantly firing, they must be getting a ground on the ECU side. Which would indicate either a bad ECU, or a fault in the wiring where it's getting grounded against something.

You Fukkered up your ECU injector drivers by using low imp injectors without a resistor pack.
You'll fuk up the next one unless you switch to high res injectors or add the resistor pack.

Luckily for him a 2.2 turbo computer is about $25-$35 shipped.

Also, I would just install 850 turbo injectors and not worry about the resistor pack. The 850 turbo injectors are already high z (high impedance) just like the stock NA 240 injectors were. So no resistors needed! Those injectors are also very cheap and a direct drop in.

All in all you could correct your mistake for about $50-$60 total.

I've got lh 2.4 wiring and ecu. Old ecu was too for lh2.4 and i used low imp injectors and car worked.
Can i use bosch injectors from bmw 2.5 engine, they are high imp

You fried you injector drivers by running greentops without a resistor pack.

Replace the ECU. Run some high rez injectors, or splice in a rez pack. High rez is around 16 ohms, I believe.

..if intake manifold ground points are open, injectors are 100% open.

I find this difficult to believe.

Z, I got starting issues with B230FK. Hard to start and after start it felt like running rich.
I suspected leaking injector because fuel pressure dropped quick. Removed injector together with rail. (And found dry injectors) Doing this you have to loose ground wires. Did not install those.
Turned key to prime pump. Paper towel was wet, way too much leaking than I thought. Installed ground wires. Second prime test. No leakage.
Problem was hole in FPR, it leaked to the vacuum port.

Back