• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

air in oil b204gt

towz-T

EL hipo explosive
hey guys,

i'm working on a b204GT. Took it completely apart, changed what needed to be changed and i (hope i'm) almost done now.

poured new oil in, hooked up a drill to the oil pump to prime and started getting the oil everywhere. fixed some small leaks (forgot to put new copper rings on the turbo fittings) and i have oil in alle the places it needs to be now (my cam cover is off, so i can see it comming up). Only problem, I keep getting air bubbles every now and then. Really small ones. 95-99% oil, 5-1% air. I've been running the pump for some time now; but they just keep comming.

Only thing i could think of what could be causing this is a bad O ring (number 15 in this link

should i look into it, or just ignore the tiny bit of air

Last edited:
While you have the engine out and are working on it. You can remove the pan and replace that transfer tube seal. That probably is the place where air could be getting sucked in. Those seals do fail so it's a good idea to always replace that seal when working on the engine.

While you have the engine out and are working on it. You can remove the pan and replace that transfer tube seal. That probably is the place where air could be getting sucked in. Those seals do fail so it's a good idea to always replace that seal when working on the engine.

I just did it; that's the thing :). Im wondering if there could be another reason

If you are sure the seal is properly installed. Then it's probably fine. I'm sure a random bit of bubbles isn't unusual. There is going to be crankcase pressure when it's running. those gases will mix with splashing oil. Gonna be a random bubble or so.

Back