• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

2008 C30 help.

Where is it, and how do i replace the pollen/cabin air filter? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It's by the firewall inside, by the gas pedal. Kinda verticlly mounted, I would say. Remove underdash panel, remove the gas pedal, and look directly beside where the pedal is mounted, and you will see the cover, with like two or three 7mm screws in it. The cabin filter is still hard to get in and out of the slot, you kinda have to wad and scrunch it a bit. The first one's not too much fun, it pays like .5 to .7, depending on where you work.

It's by the firewall inside, by the gas pedal. Kinda verticlly mounted, I would say. Remove underdash panel, remove the gas pedal, and look directly beside where the pedal is mounted, and you will see the cover, with like two or three 7mm screws in it. The cabin filter is still hard to get in and out of the slot, you kinda have to wad and scrunch it a bit. The first one's not too much fun, it pays like .5 to .7, depending on where you work.

Thanks man. I work for Audi, but it's a co-workers car. I'll do my best!

You don't have to remove the knee bolster panel. In fact, 08 should have the modified knee bolster panel that doesn't get in the way of removing the accelerator pedal.

If it does have the plastic that goes right up to the accelerator pedal, just push it up and remove the two 10mm nuts on the top of the AP. Then remove the bottom 10mm and remove the AP.

The 08 might also have the single thumb screw in the center of the door, those are nice because you don't need a 7mm ratcheting wrench to get in there. But, if not, it has the 7mm screws.

To make it easier for you in the future, only put the lower middle 7mm screw back in. That will hold the door closed securely and give you less hassle the next time you have to do it.

You don't have to remove the knee bolster panel. In fact, 08 should have the modified knee bolster panel that doesn't get in the way of removing the accelerator pedal.

If it does have the plastic that goes right up to the accelerator pedal, just push it up and remove the two 10mm nuts on the top of the AP. Then remove the bottom 10mm and remove the AP.

The 08 might also have the single thumb screw in the center of the door, those are nice because you don't need a 7mm ratcheting wrench to get in there. But, if not, it has the 7mm screws.

To make it easier for you in the future, only put the lower middle 7mm screw back in. That will hold the door closed securely and give you less hassle the next time you have to do it.

I understand that point clearly, but for no more trouble than it is to remove the knee bolster, it tends to give a little more clearer picture and access to the area in question. That may help the first time on one of these.

When I first saw this thread "hmmm the MILF hitting on him now has a C30...neat" popped right into my head:rofl:

Hey how did you know about her?!

I was able to get it no prob. Removed the knee bolster, and gas pedal. Sinlge thumb screw for the pollen filter cover. It was little awkward, but i got it done in like 30 min. Thanks for the help guys.

Hey how did you know about her?!

I was able to get it no prob. Removed the knee bolster, and gas pedal. Sinlge thumb screw for the pollen filter cover. It was little awkward, but i got it done in like 30 min. Thanks for the help guys.

Well then, I hope my suggestion to remove the knee bolster helped, or at least didn't set you back too much.

Back