• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Detroit Locker TrueTrac in Dana30 Volvo 240

Had one in my 1031 behind 5.0L Ford from 2003 til about 2010. Held up fine - but no drag racing, and not enough traction to tax the unit/rearend during launches. 8.8" now.

I have a truetrac in my 1031. Works fine and I haven't had any problems with it. I've launched with pilot super sports, but haven't done it with slicks yet.

it'll be fine. you may need to upgrade axles if you start twisting the stock ones off. dutchman in Chattanooga TN can hook you up there.

please be more specific

LOL - Not quite sure how to be more specific than defining a lack of traction as tire spin. Anything approaching 1/2 throttle or more in 1st or second gear breaks the rear tires loose. If the tires spin, you're not asking the rearend/LSD to deal with all the torque the engine/driveline is capable of delivering -- but whatever lesser amount was required to break the tires loose. Tires = fuse

If you're breaking both loose, going to a Trutrac, locker, welded, whatever won't help much, if anything. More tire, different suspension, weight balance might...

On mine, our local track doesn't prep worth a damn so leaving from the lights I get wheelspin most of the way thru 1st if I go full tilt if I'm not on slicks.

Chuckle - despite growing up in the muscle car era, this 242 is the first V8 powered car I've ever owned. I've been waiting 50 years to smoke the tires. The last thing I want to do is screw that up with traction. ;)

OP was asking about the robustness of a Dana30 with a Truetrac -- I was simply trying to let him know that if you're significantly traction limited, you can't really put that combo through much of a test. Talk to the guys that are running slicks/sticky drag radials who can really launch hard. See how that combo held up under their 'testing' -- that'll give the OP an idea of what to expect.

haven't launched the 940 very hard yet (one, it's almost impossible with the low stall speed; and two.. it'd break something on the chassis as currently configured), so I dunno on that one. the 740 with a welded diff rides out fine at the track, wouldn't mind an lsd vs the welder in there though I think, just from a moving it around perspective.

I do know several people in the 300-400hp range running one without issues on the street, a few of those aren't driven kind. Mine's been beat on plenty, street and track with around 300 as well, got almost 100k on it so far.

LOL - Not quite sure how to be more specific than defining a lack of traction as tire spin. Anything approaching 1/2 throttle or more in 1st or second gear breaks the rear tires loose. If the tires spin, you're not asking the rearend/LSD to deal with all the torque the engine/driveline is capable of delivering -- but whatever lesser amount was required to break the tires loose. Tires = fuse

What do you mean by torque, exactly? Oh, and give examples.......;-)

I thought you had more than that in the wagon. Makes sense though since we were pretty damned close at the track. lol

I think I'm somewhere in the 50-75 runs since mine was installed, with 250-300whp in different iterations during that time.

I thought you had more than that in the wagon. Makes sense though since we were pretty damned close at the track. lol

I think I'm somewhere in the 50-75 runs since mine was installed, with 250-300whp in different iterations during that time.

13.1 was my fastest time, It need a stall torque converter

Back