• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

"The Ghost" 65' 122s Project

I have an extra "uncut" dash if you ever want to change back to a stock looking interior.

Looking good though! Glad to hear that the crane box installed pretty easy.

That would be cool but Shipping would probably be a killer. Plus it doesn't look too bad in there for now.

But about that crane system.... Didn't make it in this weekend haha. Not sure what's going on but I don't have the 3 mounting screws in my dizzy for the sensor plate. Here's a pic

Last edited:
you can install the sensor on that plate. its just secured by the flat head screw that holds the points down. Or drill a 3rd hole, or only use 2 holes.

Good stuff! I'm glad to hear she's on the road!

The ignition, that screw to the right in the picture, that's where it goes. You have to take out the points and condenser.

Gotcha... I had the condenser and points out then realized that there weren't as many mounting points as the electronic sensor had holes. So I put it back together and left it alone. Just wanted to make sure it was compatible before trying to make it work. I know these cars came with a number of different distributors. Maybe I'll try again this week.

Gotcha... I had the condenser and points out then realized that there weren't as many mounting points as the electronic sensor had holes. So I put it back together and left it alone. Just wanted to make sure it was compatible before trying to make it work. I know these cars came with a number of different distributors. Maybe I'll try again this week.

as long as the distributor shaft is square underneath the rotor, and the points plat can be removed, it'll work.

Where did you get the E-ignition from? It should tell you whats compatible with what. My dizzy has "003" in the sequence of numbers on the plate, so there was a specific one for mine.

Well guys I'm currently having some carb/timing issues. The car was really lacking power so I played with the timing a little until I got it to an acceptable drivability. I figured I should get it running well before converting to electronic ignition. However, then it kept trying to stall when stopped at lights, and back firing out of the carb (sounds like the carb is sneezing haha). So I tried different combinations of carb and timing adjustment. Now its all screwed up, no power, idles too high or stalls, and has trouble starting. I noticed that the pistons in the carbs are not opening (raising) during startup and the only way to get them to stay open for start up is to prop them open. What's going on?!? I was hoping to take this car on a long trip tomorrow but its having all kinds of issues. HELP!

Well guys I'm currently having some carb/timing issues. The car was really lacking power so I played with the timing a little until I got it to an acceptable drivability. I figured I should get it running well before converting to electronic ignition. However, then it kept trying to stall when stopped at lights, and back firing out of the carb (sounds like the carb is sneezing haha). So I tried different combinations of carb and timing adjustment. Now its all screwed up, no power, idles too high or stalls, and has trouble starting. I noticed that the pistons in the carbs are not opening (raising) during startup and the only way to get them to stay open for start up is to prop them open. What's going on?!? I was hoping to take this car on a long trip tomorrow but its having all kinds of issues. HELP!

Too lean! carb sneezing or coughing is due to a lean mixture. Keep a notebook and reset to "default" which is taking the jet all the way to flush with the carb throat of "bridge" then lowering by 12 flats, adjust idle/sync to about 800 rpms, this should get you to a pretty close area. Then drive it, if you notice stumbling, coughing, or black smoke adjust each carb equally and take notes. Then re-adjust timing, then idle again, then drive, take notes, then adjust valves, timing, idle, and mix if necessary, then drive... take notes, then repeat. Oh, and make sure the choke is all the way disengaged.

Well I tried to tune it for about 3 hours with no success. As a last ditch effort I decided to install the electronic ignition in an attempt to get some consistency. Success! It's still not tuned properly, lacking some power and using too much fuel but oh well I had a trip planned and I wasn't delaying any longer. It's now successfully made it 5.5 hours out of the 6 hour trip today. Only a few more miles until we stop for the night. Thanks for All the help guys!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Glad you were able to get her going! I had the same problem! This guy Dylan who works at IPD has these great videos on how to tune the carbs or change gas tanks on these cars, YouTube "Dylans 544".

Love those pics! Send em to IPD for the photo contest!

Awesome, I'll check it out. Thanks!
And yea they turned out really well for phone pics and no editing.

Made it a total of 756 miles this weekend and about 20 hours of driving time. The car did great and it was a lot of fun taking it on a trip. I'm certainly happy I was able to get that stereo in there before the trip, important to have some tunes when your in the car for that long haha.

Anyway it's running a little rich and burning a little oil so I'll have to look into that but over all not bad.

Last edited:
Thanks! I wish I had slightly better lighting. The wheels kinda disappear in dark pictures haha.

Also I would like to thank Chris for all of his help with figuring out the electronic ignition!

I was going to ask how that all went... Glad to hear it worked out!

It was the only thing that have me enough consistency to partially tune it for the trip haha. I'll need to route the wiring and clean it up now. I was running 4 hours late when I did it and in a bit of a rush to start the journey!

Well I seem to have a pretty bad shake at about 56mph. It's not there when the car is under load but when I let off the throttle it shakes pretty bad until I get under 56mph. I'm thinking it's the carrier bearing or the u-joint. Thoughts?

Back