• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

thelostartof LH 2.4 Chip Feedback Thread

ezk

mike,i changed back to freds ezk chip,it's been 3 days now,and there is a big difference.there is hardly any ping,maybe a little at high boost and high rpm's.i was talking to an engine buddy of mine and we were talking about stroker engines etc. he was saying that alot of times bigger engines don't like alot of timing lead.i'm wondering if this holds true with my setup.see what you think,i may need a chip with just a bit less timing still.

mike,i changed back to freds ezk chip,it's been 3 days now,and there is a big difference.there is hardly any ping,maybe a little at high boost and high rpm's.i was talking to an engine buddy of mine and we were talking about stroker engines etc. he was saying that alot of times bigger engines don't like alot of timing lead.i'm wondering if this holds true with my setup.see what you think,i may need a chip with just a bit less timing still.

There is a EZK pin grounding mod to advance or retard timing. Fredrik posted it a year or so ago.

yes,i know about the grounding,did it on my son's 92 with freds chips,works great.BUT,for some reason it doesn't work on my 93.i tried all of the pins to retard,and it didn't change the timing.fred seemed to think it may be the ezk box.i tried another one and it didn't do anything.if anyone here has run into this,i would love to hear from you.

I just got the fuel only chip and HOLY ****ING S**T!!!!!!! It is AMAZING!!!! im gunna raise my boost when i get off work but after i get a new tire, i put my chip in and got on the interstate and blew my tire out, so my fun was cut short.

not a prob oh an im havin a problem with my boost hoses blowing off my intercooler, i have 3" piping but it doesnt have that lip that stops the clamps from coming off, how could i get one put on? just go to a muffler shop or somethin like that?

not a prob oh an im havin a problem with my boost hoses blowing off my intercooler, i have 3" piping but it doesnt have that lip that stops the clamps from coming off, how could i get one put on? just go to a muffler shop or somethin like that?

try pulling it all apart clean all the oil and grime off the pipe. And spray it with hair spray slide back into place and let it dry, it will make it slightly tacky, it will seal better, and stick in place better. But wills still come apart when you need it too.

How much boost are you running now?

I found out what was missing from my setup to take advantage of the chips. Just got RSI to drop one of their stage 1 cams into my car while they were putting the M90 in (hey, they had the shims and the car)...The difference is night and day even before re-learning my ECU! I'm sure no small part of the improvement is from the cam itself, but the new combo works VERY well together. The first time I drove the car I thought Jonathan had goofed the speedo install because there was no way my car should have been doing 85 in that 50 zone that soon, then my GPS agreed with the speedo!

The ECU is still figuring things out, but it had a nice little loapy idle at 500 RPM's until the ECU upped it to about 675 and smoothed it out some. The combination of continuous rain and posted speed limits have kept me from being able to do any WOT pulls yet, but give me a week or so for ECU education and some clear weather and I'll report back.

The new and much improved setup on the car is as follows:

'91 745
92 octane Shell gas
Gutted air box
Clean K&N
Stock MAF - clean and minus rear screen
Stock MAF to cold section boot - the old one was oil soaked and collapsing
Stock IC - probably has about a half quart too much oil in it since the car's bottom end is a bit tired)
Stock TB - Clean
No porting on either intake or exhaust sides
Green tops
15G @13PSI (bigger boost spikes with manual and cam, so I'll be taking a half turn off of the WG actuator rod - CBV diaphragm/spring might be a bit sketchy since I'm hearing bypass air starting at just under atmospheric)
RSI Stage 1 cam at 6 degrees advance (it's an around town scooter, so bottom end takes priority over peak)
MVP 3" DP and full exhaust
M90 with Clutchnet yellow pressure plate and un-sprung organic disc
3.73 OEM snow locker rear end
Dirty Dracos with fresh 205 55 15 Falcon Ziex ZE512's

Jao Should be posting this BUT

on his last drive with the chips he turned in 27mpg. This is while crusing 65-70+ mph.

Cars setup is a 200k +T, 50 trim t3/t4, 3" turbo back, IPD turbo cam, Getrag with auto rear end, and otherwise 3" AMM, 65lb injectors, and NPR IC

So pretty good mpg numbers in my book

i was really surprised too. remember cruising at 75-80 mph with my getrag and rear end [3.73?] is 3200-3300 RPM. i don't have any previous #s for the car. but i do know that at 55-60mph with the same rear end, no turbo, stock injectors/cam/ecus etc, and a m47 the best i've gotten was 31-32MPG. so definatly good #s. oh and i have a LC-1 supplying the LH ECU with a simulated narrow band output and a enem V15 turbo cam, not an ipd turbo cam.

awesome chips, i love 'em! grabbing second even with a locker and 4 people in the car still breaks both the tires free @ 15psi

I have been running my chips for about a week...The car is still trying to learn everything, but damn it pulls HARD at 20 PSI, with the new injectors.....

I think this is a great chip, ( i like it more than fred's).....

Back