• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

opinions on spark table?

birchfur

I am having some trouble getting my spark table dialed in. I found a map posted on here for a similar setup and started adjusting from there. My current setup is as follows. Stock B21ft, ported 90+, t3/t4 turbo, 3" downpipe and side exit exhaust, ipd turbo cam, 31x12x3 intercooler, 46# injectors with resistor pack. I am using ms1 v2.2 re-flashed with extra 029y4, hall sensor dizzy, bosch139 ignition module, blaster 2 coil. Have timing set to about 20degrees at 1100rpm. Everytime i get to around 3000-3500rpm, the enigne starts stumbling. I have tried adjusting the advance in the area this occurs +/- about 10degrees but cant seem to get rid of this. Maybe still to far advanced? I am still in the process of getting ve table dialed in as well, currently running rich for the most part but it doesnt seem like its so rich it would cause a misfire. Took out plugs and they look normal color. So far only tuning to about 9 psi. Don't know how to post my tables or current msq. Have file zipped but dont see any options to post it on here. Here is a datalog pic of when it started cutting out at about 3200rpm. Any advice greatly apprectiated.
graph1.png

looks alright. somewhat conservative, but alright. sure you're not blowing the spark out? I don't see a cutout on the screen.

whats your plug gap set to? (and you didn't actuallly post the timing map for us to poke and prod)

Last trip to the track, I bumped up my timing a little.

And the car went from 14.2, 14.3 runs to 13.8, 13.9.

And a few days later it blew up.

*x-files theme music*

Can't figure out how to post my maps. Or if there is a way to post my entire msq file. I have it compressed just don't know how to post it on here. Plugs gapped to spec in bently manual, cant remember off the top of my head what it is though.

at work right now, I'll try and get it posted after work. For datalog I used option in megalog viewer to save it as png file, how do I get a screen shot?

Heres a screen shot with both tables on mega log viewer. Having some troubles with megatune right now, gonna have to re install it then should be able to get some bigger shots.
tables.jpg

Unable to get megatune to work. When i open megatune and select ms1 extra 029y4, then hit ok, mega tune will not load from that point. Still shows megatune on the task bar, but nothing else happens. Tried it on both of my computers with same result. Tried reinstalling megatune, same result. I can pull up the main sceen when selecting any of the other ms versions from the first screen. Any ideas. Only thing i have changed recently is updating megalog viewer with latest version. Could this affect it?

It looks like your map and rpm signals are noisy. Does it feel surge-y? Because it looks like it's screwing with your spark angle and PW.

Usually its pretty smooth accelerating until i get to 3000 rpm, doesnt seem to surge. However, i do have some nasty compessor surge on decel due to incorrect bov spring. New spring arriving any day now. Any ideas to get megatune operational? Reflash?

Last edited:
Got megatune back up and running after deleting and reloading complete software bundle on computer. Anyways here are some screenshots from megatune. Havent been driving car lately, waiting on bov spring to get here so i dont **** up the seals in the turbo.
sparktable.jpg

vetable.jpg

constants.jpg

crank.jpg

ego.jpg

sparksetting.jpg

Back