• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Can anyone identify this intake/carb setup

Torquefreaks

Can anyone lead me in the right direction I have a 65 122 and want to swap the subcarbs to this
photo.php

And it is an excellent set up...Only 2 problems..That low air filter is poooo.You want the 3 1/4" tall version..just an element and longer screws..Those short ones cause big restrictions in flow..
Second think of the size of the 2 throttle plates in the stock horrible SUs or Strombergs or whatever the junk was..they were what 1.5" x 2??? 1.5" is 38mm.. Now the DGV throttles are 32mm on the primary and 36mm on secondary---which you don't get till promary is at 2/3 throttle..Worse the venturi size is 26 prmary and 27mm secondary..
Do the area for 2 x 38mm and 1 x 26mm...most of the time you are driving under 2/3 throttle and so you have drastically less flow thru the DGV...

So excellent drivability, potentially great mpg, but dog slow especially under 2/3 throttle..
Solution?
Easy
2 x 38mm throttle and with 2 x 27mm venturis on the llovely Weber 39 DGMS/DGEV/DGAV

6.jpg

Result: happiness.

Sorry for the confusion lol I currently have su's and want to go to the single carb. But not sure what it is off of

Sorry for the confusion lol I currently have su's and want to go to the single carb. But not sure what it is off of

They were OEM on about a billion euro-Fords, and trillions on the in the aftermarket.
Millions like that were sold on other Euro cars..and an assumed name were licence built in Merikuh as the "Holley-Weber 5200 fambly" (but those were mirror images..in reality they were DFV or whatever..)

IPD used to sell a Holley Weber carb kit over 20 years ago.

And then Redline came up with their own kits using either DGV or DGEV progressive 32/36 carbs and they got the kit certified at least in California and IPD stopped selling their kit and started selling the Redline kits.

I've got an 142 in my shop right now with one of the original Holley Weber kits and it needs some serious carb work and some parts are hard/impossible to find so we will be converting to something else in the future, probably a DGES synchronous 38/38 like John V recommends as we have installed and tuned about half a dozen of them.

BTW, there are Chinese copies of most of the Webers and they are cheaper, but you get what you pay for and I strongly suggest you get the real thing Made in Spain or Italy Weber.

The main Redline warehouse is local to my shop and we do a fair amount of business with them so let me know if you want to go that route.

Back