• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

RSI RS2 cam special needs?

davidmacq

Bored Member
So with the high lift in this cam...do you need new valves? Grind valves shorter? Shim kit has nothing that fits? Bad cam...or is typical?

do you have the thinnest shims available in there?

are the valve hushers still in?

Not positive...my mechanic friend has installed bunch of cams...V cam...KG2T...was thinking it was made wrong it was so off...might have been having a bad day though? Don't make much sense...has been a while but will try to get more info.

Said seem like cam was ground twice...thickest shim was not thick enough by maybe 60 thousandths he says...but is going to double check.

...kinda worried about running into this problem too. you're not the first to need really thick shims recently for the stage 2.

installed mine with out a hitch other than it needed the valves to be shimmed. it was weird but more needed to be added the valves were loud.....VERY LOUD.

I had access to a shim kit it had the larger ones that worked for me.

installed mine with out a hitch other than it needed the valves to be shimmed. it was weird but more needed to be added the valves were loud.....VERY LOUD.

I had access to a shim kit it had the larger ones that worked for me.

good to know, when i get to installing mine i'll be in touch if i run into issues :D

Well I heard they are super hella hard to get a hold of at times...so definitely wanted to check here first...perhaps I should upgrade to bigger and slightly longer valves?

Getting mechanic to call and RSI answer would be a miracle! Like you don't know.

What were your shim thicknesses prior to installation? .177" is the thickest shims available right?
How many times have you ground your valves?
.060" seems super jacked though.

give us a call if you want. There are a few documented cases of some exhaust lobes being on the small side. We're trying to track down if this is an early issue or a new issue for our most recent batch.

Back