• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1987 244 DL Autocrosser

And an order from FCP with two left feet:

129400000.jpg

129400002.jpg

I haven't ordered from them since they pissed me off with the in-stock rings that were not in stock and thus held up an order I needed, only to find out that they weren't the Deves rings I ordered, but some other brand I'd never heard of. Cameron came through and beat FCPs price on the rings I wanted.

And before that I think was this one, or maybe this was the same debacle. Huge gash in box? meh, ship it out! Thanks...

120181755.jpg

120181756.jpg

Yeah when you said you ordered from FCP on the phone I couldn't wait to see the thread of you pissed off:lol:

I have a WP gasket - you want?

Edit: you not having a spare makes me skeptical.
Fakeedit2: Which WP? B23 or B230?

Yeah when you said you ordered from FCP on the phone I couldn't wait to see the thread of you pissed off:lol:

I have a WP gasket - you want?

Edit: you not having a spare makes me skeptical.
Fakeedit2: Which WP? B23 or B230?
Upon receiving torn gasket, I made a request and they sent me a gasket kit. In the past I had always ordered a seperate kit, but I forgot this time and look what happened.

towery,do you have a complete list of whats done to the car? I didnt see one reading through, but I think it would be cool to see a compiled list in 1 post. Car is awesome though. White 240's are my favorite.

towery,do you have a complete list of whats done to the car? I didnt see one reading through, but I think it would be cool to see a compiled list in 1 post. Car is awesome though. White 240's are my favorite.
Like a mods list that's too big for a sig...maybe I"ll use it anyway.

b23f block, b23et pistons, m rods, balanced/rebuilt bottom end, KG2T cam, elring HG @ 0.035" squish, ported/milled 90+, gt2871r, atp ultimate wg, 3" turbo-back exhaust, AEM wbO2, MS&S, ford cfi injectors, 3" ebay IC, 4" k&n, big 940 n/a radiator, 940 e-fan, battery relocated to the trunk, aluminum catch can via ebay, b18 oil cap, b21 aluminum t-belt cover, baffled oil pan w/extra bung for oil temp sender, custom oil feed/drain lines, 240 oil cooler, remote oil filter, t5 trans, aluminum flywheel, clutchnet red pp and kevlar/organic disc, kaplhenke adapter plate & modified m46 clutch fork, mcleod release bearing, ford motorsport steel input shaft retainer, 2pc modified M47 driveshaft, '79 3.73 1030 axle, rebuilt dana powerlok clutch diff, kaplhenke adjustable torque rods, mvp adjustable panhard rod, 2.5" dia. rear springs (8x250lb, 1.75" travel 150lb tenders, helpers) on adjustable seats, revalved bilstein HD rear shocks, no rear bar, heavily modified rear fenders inside and out, bodywork/bondo/paint/bondo/metalwork by me, carbon fiber gas door, pre86 drivers side outside mirror, early DL blockoff for pass. side mirror, carbon fiber flathood held by 4 pins, european turbo flathood grille, chopped front fenders to fit the 295/35/17 hoosier A6, 17x11 3pc BBS E50, 42mm front adapters, 51mm rear adapters, 16x9.5" et38 2pc work ewing street wheels w/225/50/16 dunlop Z1 front, 265/45/16 kumho xs rear, ~2.5" shorter Koni 8611 race strut inserts, grpA replica camber plates, 2.5" x 7" x 550lb front springs, 2.5" torrington bearings under the springs, IPD 28mm front bar, kaplhenke roll center/quicksteer spacers, poly control arm bushings, GT upper chassis braces, cherry turbos strut tower brace, turbo 3-gauge cluster, 5 gauges total (wbO2, boost, oil temp, oil pressure, and water temp with sender mounted in penta adapter that fits the 530/531), omp steering wheel adapter, suede sparco 330mm wheel, old style sparco corsa driver seat, sparco evo, kaplhenke seat brackets, no rear seat, dave barton's white gauge faces, blitz bov...

Autocross in the morning...so I drove the car today and the driveshaft clicks. first it was all the time, then after driving a while it was only at higher speeds, like 2nd or 3rd gear and above. I'll put about 150 miles on the car tomorrow and hopefully it doesn't get worse. May have to get the front half shortened.

Took 1st (me) and 2nd (Bne) today at the autocross, beating the BMW. Once again he beat my raw time but could not do it cleanly.

49.175 for me
49.4 for bne
49.9 for bimmerboi (apparently had a 49.134+1, plus another 49.1+1)

The street-mod-front Honda went 46.7, so I think I should have done a 48.xxx at least.

On the way home a guy moved in front of me on the highway while I'm doing ~70 in the left lane, then he slammed on the brakes to make a left exit that he really had already missed but just had to make. I braked hard, realized I had it, lifted, then braked again to close the gap. On the second application, I locked 'em up and sent him a smoke signal because my horn doesn't work right now after swapping steering wheels/hubs. :-D It was a calm drive home til then...

Back