• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Headlight creativity

I've long been considering back dating the front of my 240, for better looks and far better lighting options. This could open up the lighting options, with much less of a hassle. I dunno about the looks though. Either way, I'll definitely be checking this out.

LOL you think it will be cheaper and less hassle to change the whole front clip than just bolt some e-codes in? :???:

Ah Turbobricks... nobody said you were a clever bunch...

I really really want to know if this works, 7" rounds that actually fit an 86+ car with none of the body panel problems would be killer.

Found a pic of a truck with them:
S10916-152-1225145104782.jpg

If anybody in the US comes across a set of these housings I'll buy them in a heartbeat, or trade for E-codes, there's plenty in junkyards over here! Apparently the truck is a 1996 WIA 64T. gibberish to me but might be of some use to everyone else.

Problem is e-codes from the UK are kind of useless here.

LOL you think it will be cheaper and less hassle to change the whole front clip than just bolt some e-codes in? :???:

Ah Turbobricks... nobody said you were a clever bunch...

Haha, I didn't mean less hassle than e-codes. I meant less hassle than finding a junkyard replacement. Sorry, poor wording on my part. The e-codes hopefully would be paying the money for a pretty much drop in upgrade.

My ideal (and perhaps the real problem) is the idea of a cheap alternative. I realize that not being willing to put some money into the issue means I'm really limited on the end result. However, I suppose my hope was that there was someone out there that had done some junkyard exploring and found a common alternative lighting solution that was more available (that wouldn't take a mechanical engineering degree to make work). Perhaps that's an unrealistic hope. Ecodes are definitely a possibility for when my wallet grows a bit - perhaps I should start watering it?

I've long been considering back dating the front of my 240, for better looks and far better lighting options. This could open up the lighting options, with much less of a hassle. I dunno about the looks though. Either way, I'll definitely be checking this out.

It cost $269.99 for the whole set up, including bulbs and turn signals.

It's not that expensive and it's known to work.

It cost $269.99 for the whole set up, including bulbs and turn signals.

It's not that expensive and it's known to work.

And it just plugs into the existing harness? Either way, that's much less expensive than the dollar figure I had kicking around in my mind. Hmmm . . .

And it just plugs into the existing harness? Either way, that's much less expensive than the dollar figure I had kicking around in my mind. Hmmm . . .

Just make sure you use the TB coupon code.

They come with crappy H4 connectors you need to splice into the existing harness, that worked fine. I went with a harness adapter when I upgraded to HIDs.

I have ecodes (since I'm in Europe) and before I joined TB I never knew that the US cars had such bad light, since the 240's ecodes are just amazing, the amount of light is unbeatable, the best ones, 940 ecodes though very weak...

thats what keeps amazing me when dealing with US import cars, sealed beams look like theyre only there to be seen, not to see with.

Just throw some round Hellas on the bumper.

This is what I did on my Bro's car. . . he was gonna be driving it back to NC, and likely back and forth many times over the next year or three. . . the Hella 5 inch or so. . . put out WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more light than his good condition stock lights. . . even aimed bad. . .

Dollar for dollar, hard to beat Hella FF lensed 500s. Around 60 bux at Walmart BTW. Forward range 1800 ft, and I can see deer 30 feet into the woods on the side/peripheral. Nice long range forward, and very good side range.
Best mod I made to my 244 IMO. If you want GOOD NIGHT VISION thi is the stuff. IMO.
100_4930.jpg

The Hellas I have are brighter, shine further,& have a much better light pattern & vision, than with the 240's headlights on hi beams, & with the Bosch Fogs on with the Hi beams.

They really are that good. Get the 500FF rounds. The FF stands for Free Form lense. Much better light pattern IMO.

it actually works well too, hiding them behind the grille, mine is connected to the high beams, so they turn on automatically when i turn on my high beams, turn back off when i dim down to the low beams.
(i got white corners on it now, with LED parking lights)
dsc0077oq.jpg

Dollar for dollar, hard to beat Hella FF lensed 500s. Around 60 bux at Walmart BTW. Forward range 1800 ft, and I can see deer 30 feet into the woods on the side/peripheral. Nice long range forward, and very good side range.
Best mod I made to my 244 IMO. If you want GOOD NIGHT VISION thi is the stuff. IMO.
100_4930.jpg

I want to get those for my 780, but I don't know how I can mount them without blocking the headlamps AND the grill intake.

Question, I can't really tell, are the bulbs horizontal or vertical in those lamps?

Do the wires coms straight out the back or down through the bottom?

Last edited:
Back