• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

John Lane's Fire Breathing Monster info & pics

Time goes by.... Life gets in the way....

I finally got all the plumbing together enough so that I could go and abuse her some today. The Holset is BIG and wakes at 3500-4000 when HOLY SH!T BATMAN!! She's run through 1-2-3 RIGHT NOW. Tone is distinctly different. I've missed that SHOVE in the back that she makes. Over 500lb/ft at the wheels does that up right :badboy:

Guess I now need to plan a trip to Washington to have a ride.

I'll tidy up some details with her (Windshield and tying the cage to the donor for a start) and you'll have to join me for a little ride on the 'Boundry Road.' :nod: She goes real good and you're overdue Eric.

Speaking of things that are long overdue.... She's going to have to make a trip to the dragstrip.

Last edited:
Interested to see what it can do at the drags, should be pretty quick. Lay down some good numbers for the E vs. W.

This time we'll do it on something other then old rallytires! :rofl:

Our first effort at the track made for a pair of 1/4 mile long stripes and a 'Discussion' with the track official who was NOT amused with my doing the quarter sideways.

Bits and pieces are finding their way back to me......

We've stroked a B-280 from 73mm to 79.375mm......

More displacement... More torque.... More fun!

This one will stay naturally aspirated for the Yellow car with an automagic behind it for tooling around.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
The stroked V-6 is in and running in the streetcar.

Engine management needs to get sorted.

She's got potential.

Rallycar update.... Rear tires are officially toast... They spin in fourth as soon as boost hits twelve pounds..... Fun was had getting them to this condition! I have a stack of old rallytires.

Back