• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Buy wide band

R12DECOMPETI

Hiii
I am looking in the forum post to see what wide band I buy for my Volvo 940 B230FK with 11psi turbo pressure.
but the information I find is old.
it seems that innovate does not come out good and is better Aem.
I had thought of a 300.
What do you think with your experience?
Can you think of a better option?
I have the budget adjusted.
Another question. I wanted to ask them.
Where is to put the wide band in the down pipe?
some photo would be great ...
thank you very much to everyone first of all

I've been using the AEM wideband for years with no issues at all. My sensor was installed about 30 inches from the turbo outlet...

Aem if you want it in a gauge pod other then that they are ok.
For that price I’d go with a Ballenger Motorsports AFR500 which is a way better wideband controller.

I have an innovate MTXL in two of my cars with zero issues. I have an old innovate LC1/XD16 that while have had issues is still working good (going on 10+ years). AEM has a good track record of being reliable.

My AEM UEGO ate a sensor in only like 10k miles, but I found a new sensor online for only $50 and it’s been perfect ever since. No free air calibration necessary either.

okay. Thank you very much everyone for your quick comments.
I'm going to study ballenger too, but it's more expensive.
But then I think that AEM wins.
I have looked for information and comments outside and also speak well.
On innovate I read that they fail and that they are difficult to adjust.

I've been using the AEM wideband for years with no issues at all. My sensor was installed about 30 inches from the turbo outlet...

Thank you for your comment
So from what I see you have to put the lambda probe far away from the turbo.
Farther than the original lambda probe of the car.

I have an innovate MTXL in two of my cars with zero issues. I have an old innovate LC1/XD16 that while have had issues is still working good (going on 10+ years). AEM has a good track record of being reliable.

Now you also make me think about Innovate.
But I understand that they are harder to read and adjust.
Is it really like that?
As I say I read that they give problems.
I'm glad to know that they work well.
His is a positive testimony.
P.S. As soon as I recover from the meter of the AFR meter, I got news of mine to buy its chips.

Me and my brother both have the AEM wideband, haven't had many miles on it, but so far so good. You dont have to calibrate like some others, theres extra wires for data logging and what not (in not sure if others are different) easy instructions, replaceable face in different colors

Mine is hopefully about 36 inches from turbo, right before the first flange, where the test port is. Instructions call for that least 36 inches. Had a shop do it since I cant weld :roll:

I personally will not give another dime to Innovate, "and that's all I have to say about that".

AEM 30-4110's are just about everywhere, reasonably priced, and in most use cases, just work.

I've played with some Zeitronix products, good stuff; Some may find it hard to get over the price, but that's the only bad thing I can say or think of. Might be a bit harder to get a hold of, depending on which corner of the world you happen to reside in.

Sensor Placement:
Best to reference product documentation (that I don't have on hand right now) but I remember something about the sensor needing to be at least 18" from the turbine outlet; though many have gotten away with less, they always run the risk of decreased sensor life.

It needs to be mounted as upright as possible to not collect any condensation which will drastically decrease the life of the sensor.

Last edited:
I have PLX SM-AFR DM6. To me at least, has been a good choice. Easy to install (no need to calibrate) and nothing to complain about. And the gauge has displays for battery voltage, sensor life and oxygen sensor reaction time. It is indeed a bit expensive, but a viable choice i reckon.

Thank you very much for the answers to all.

The AEM is definitely winning in my head.
Also here in Spain it seems that I can buy a 30 0300 for 270 €.

It seems that it installs easily and that it is reliable.

That works well and that the information is fast.

I have PLX SM-AFR DM6. To me at least, has been a good choice. Easy to install (no need to calibrate) and nothing to complain about. And the gauge has displays for battery voltage, sensor life and oxygen sensor reaction time. It is indeed a bit expensive, but a viable choice i reckon.

Thank you very much for your input.
The PLX in Spain is more expensive. It seems that here you have to buy the probe separately.

It must be admitted that it looks good.
but I hardly find information.

I still like the AEM more.
The installation seems easier.

It seems that the screen is tactile and several measurements can be used in the same support.

It is true?

Just my 2 cents, I'm from Austria and I bought the AEM Uego on Ebay from the US. It was cheaper having it shipped across the Atlantic with import fees than buying it here in Europe.
I'm very happy with it and it comes with everything you need (sensor, weld bung and harness)

Thank you very much for your input.
The PLX in Spain is more expensive. It seems that here you have to buy the probe separately.

It must be admitted that it looks good.
but I hardly find information.

I still like the AEM more.
The installation seems easier.

It seems that the screen is tactile and several measurements can be used in the same support.

It is true?

https://www.plxdevices.com/Wideband-O2-Touch-Screen-Multi-Guage-p/897346002719.htm
Hope this helps.

I understand that some meters have an NB simulator. someone has experience in this. and if it is compatible with LH2.4

For many relatively modern narrow band sensor using systems the switching rate of the NB simulator may be a bit too slow. Would've been very convenient to just use single stock O2 sensor bung for both WB gauge and NB ECU input.

Back