• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

a budget parts list T5 conversion

90volvo

Going to do the conversion from a m47 to a T5. Know there is alot info out there. Im going to try and keep it a cheap as possible. My car is a 90 NA 240. So has anybody put together a resource list to keep the cost down. Or maybe already done a swap. Im want to do the T5, it will be better for budget in long run and parts will be easy to find. If I need to rebuild it i can do it Tired of the M47s. And no I dont want to put m46 in. Thanks for any help.

Yea, no modification is required to run a stock Foxbody driveshaft, however I did end up buying a slightly longer one so that the slip yoke sits deeper into the trans...YMMV.

Yea, no modification is required to run a stock Foxbody driveshaft, however I did end up buying a slightly longer one so that the slip yoke sits deeper into the trans...YMMV.

I shortened the rear trailing arms and torque rods to help with rear wheel position and better slip yoke engagement using the stock fox body (or Aerostar) DS. Just another option

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=3365636&postcount=1023

On our lemons car, I did the swap for a LOT less.

$100 V6 Mustang T5 transmission
$10 Hurst shifter (out of junkyard t-bird, didn't use it on my own car)
$0 V8 T5 steel front bearing retainer
$80 McLeod release bearing
$10 pilot bearing (Advance Auto, for Mustang V8)
~$125 Kaplhenke adapter plate & bell house machining
~$25 modified clutch fork + bushings from Kaplhenke
$60 Ford 4cyl Mustang clutch kit -- only used the organic disc --
$0 used pressure plate, something stronger than stock that I had already
$50 '86 ford capri driveshaft (mustang driveshaft)
$5 yoshifab steel driveshaft adapter (cheap because it was the early version, and we had to weld it up ourselves)

~$450-500

http://forums.turbobricks.com/showpost.php?p=3365636&postcount=1023

On our lemons car, I did the swap for a LOT less.

$100 V6 Mustang T5 transmission
$10 Hurst shifter (out of junkyard t-bird, didn't use it on my own car)
$0 V8 T5 steel front bearing retainer
$80 McLeod release bearing
$10 pilot bearing (Advance Auto, for Mustang V8)
~$125 Kaplhenke adapter plate & bell house machining
~$25 modified clutch fork + bushings from Kaplhenke
$60 Ford 4cyl Mustang clutch kit -- only used the organic disc --
$0 used pressure plate, something stronger than stock that I had already
$50 '86 ford capri driveshaft (mustang driveshaft)
$5 yoshifab steel driveshaft adapter (cheap because it was the early version, and we had to weld it up ourselves)

~$450-500

Mine was about $500 too... Came with a $500 91 244, floor rust and helping of front end damage from a small deer :lol:

Bought for it a yoshifab crossmember and a hurst lever/new rubber boot grommet a la D. Barton.

Back