• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

14th Annual Davis Swap Meet, Car Show & Auto-X - Apr. 28-29

Had a meeting with Casey Turner over at Turner Volvo of Sacramento. He has been a great help and sponser of previous VCOA events in the past. He has graciously offered to show off a new car at Davis and supply some serious bling for the Raffle. This event is going into the epic stage......

Sounds like a lot of the turbo guys are sceeered of the n/a. Wussies.

No idea what I'll be driving. Looks like I might be delivering my cousins new 242 so I might be w/o a car.

It's always funny when an NA car beats the turbo cars at the autocross. Done it many times with my worn out B21.

But alas, a turbo car still won last year, even on such a tight course. Granted by what, a full second over the next 3 in Kyle's car. Personally I ain't skeered, even with my giant turblow...

But alas, a turbo car still won last year, even on such a tight course. Granted by what, a full second over the next 3 in Kyle's car. Personally I ain't skeered, even with my giant turblow...
Uh, it was only a full second because they didn't have a timer that read less accurately than a second. If I'm remembering correctly, that is! The year before last I wedged myself in between Ryan and Noah.

This year, I hope the timer is more accurate than to the second and it sounds like I'll be driving an AWD V50T5 with the 6 speed. No idea how that'll go, but hopefully, well!
I consistently ran faster than Ryan at the last Marina autocrosses we did. All with my anemic B21f. Oh well, there's always 2013, by then the 240 will have a proper powerplant.
I'll believe it when I see it, buddy! You coming this year? :-P

Uh, it was only a full second because they didn't have a timer that read less accurately than a second. If I'm remembering correctly, that is! The year before last I wedged myself in between Ryan and Noah.

This year, I hope the timer is more accurate than to the second and it sounds like I'll be driving an AWD V50T5 with the 6 speed. No idea how that'll go, but hopefully, well!

Same timing equip has been used past two years...will be using it again this year.

Same timing equip has been used past two years...will be using it again this year.
Hmm, does it keep track of tenths of seconds, at least? I thought last year it wouldn't keep track of time accurately enough to differentiate between people who are within a second of each other. I may be mistaken, it's been a while. :e-shrug:

Errrr, that would be totally wrong as I won the auto-x in Kyle's n/a 244.

I am picking the equipment up on monday. I will test it out and see if it will measure tenths. I don't remember if it does or not.

It measures tents if you keep the lap under 1 minute.

Next year, still stuck in TN until the end of may.
I could post up the times from Norcalufo for the doubters.
He's probably got something on me now that he has done some more work to the car, but we will see.

By 2013 I will have the motor done and a couple more suspension tricks in place, that will make it fun.
I have considered flying out this year but with the move it's not happening, 2 years in a row moving got in the way.

IMG_8003.jpg

:oops:
I was hoping to go drive my car to Davis for the first time this year. Looks like that isn't going to happen. Anybody have a lead on an older 242 or 245? lol

my son and I walk ed away with barely a scratch. What I guess you'd call the "frame rail" on the right hand side is crumpled about a half an inch right in front of the firewall. The rear interior panels on the right side popped off because the car shifted so much. I've had this car for 4 years and just got it one the road a month ago. I was soooo looking forward to Davis this year.

Back