• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

(formerly) The $700 1988 245

Is it leaking near the washers? Are they forsure good copper crush washers?

In one instance, i used copper crush washers that had an inside diameter slightly too large. It leaked.

I have since ditched the rubbish banjo bolt setup (it sucks, they?re garbage metal if you got it cheap) and went to a m12x1.5>4an fitting. Wayyy better.

Here you go. Well with the switch in my opinion.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/AN-4-AN4-4AN-to-M12x1-5-Metric-Adapter-Black-/160487676730

(I?m assuming your feed is already 4an by the way, i didn?t read though)

I think it got hung up on the clampy dealy, already ordered one of what you linked.

I haven't noticed it in anything but 4th so far. I floored it at like 50 to hear the turbo noises and as the boost rose to 14 the engine suddenly revved higher.

Also don’t do this unless you wanna launch some more engines. 50 in 4th is what, maybe 2k rpm? Too low of an rpm with such high load. That’s how you ping/knock especially with na injectors, 14psi, and 9.8:1 compression.

In my opinion, i stay out of the boosts until above 2.5k. Higher the revs the less risk of knock.

Last edited:
Is it possible to use the WG actuator off a T3? I'm not really sure how much I trust the cruddy one on the 15g.

Heh.

I have almost 200 miles on it so far and it has yet to explode. Hopefully, with some luck, this time I'll make the M47 explode and not the engine. I'm surprised how long that clunky noisy box has lasted already.

Heh.

I have almost 200 miles on it so far and it has yet to explode. Hopefully, with some luck, this time I'll make the M47 explode and not the engine. I'm surprised how long that clunky noisy box has lasted already.

The Chrysler ignition system is very aggressive. I would be surprised if it didnt knock above 5-7 psi even with 93 octane.

I don't think I ever ran more than like 9PSI before I swapped to EZK. But yeah, the knock sensor wasn't even plugged in.

Ohh you already switched to ezk, good. I was under the impression that lh2.2 240s did not have a knock sensor (only lh2.2 740s with ezk did), guess i was wrong..

Ohh you already switched to ezk, good. I was under the impression that lh2.2 240s did not have a knock sensor (only lh2.2 740s with ezk did), guess i was wrong..

I think it had a single spade connector sensor, dunno how effective that would've been. But yeah, I switched over to EZK a long time ago.

I wish someone would chime in. I really don’t think that single wire connector is a proper knock sensor, if a knock sensor at all. I know the 2 wire unit on all the lh2.2 7s and all lh2.4 cars is though.

I wish someone would chime in. I really don?t think that single wire connector is a proper knock sensor, if a knock sensor at all. I know the 2 wire unit on all the lh2.2 7s and all lh2.4 cars is though.

I really don't know for sure, but the single wire sensor was replaced with a 2 wire when I got EZK.

Speaking of the knock sensor, how much does torque affect that thing? I torqued it properly on the rebuilt motor, but on the old one that lasted 700 miles it felt pretty tight getting it off.

I really don't know for sure, but the single wire sensor was replaced with a 2 wire when I got EZK.

Speaking of the knock sensor, how much does torque affect that thing? I torqued it properly on the rebuilt motor, but on the old one that lasted 700 miles it felt pretty tight getting it off.

The tighter it is the more sensitive it is to knock. You?ll have to find the specs but in your case i think having a sensitive sensor is a good thing. You want to avoid any knock at all.

Found an old 90 degree 4an fitting so the leak is fixed. Engine bay pics, admire my ziptie skills.

K8TGiW6h.jpg

AkGBP2qh.jpg

pSXzy8fh.jpg

Snow tires and a piece of the old exhaust. Much quieter now. Exhaust dump before the axle is a no-no for interior noise.

ns3pLfah.jpg

VjHQxBmh.jpg

Back