• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

the heebspeed 940

Ah, yep. I used to set mine tight but the looser setting allows it to stay at lower rpm with greater throttle openings for better efficiency. If I want it to hold a gear, I have the shifter and OD lock-out for that. Your car may not have the OD lock-out, though.

well, 20 seems to be the upper limit without resorting to retard driving habits, at least with the driving I have going on now (almost all city, but some stretches longer than others. my morning commute I'm quite sure is hugely detrimental to any kind of baller mpg's, since it's a little over a mile door to door).

Time and motivation are factors. I suspect if I dorked around with the ezk some I might be able to bump that number a little, but if I could find the time to do the few odd things I want to do with it (nothing big, just a 16v head swap, 200 series aux shaft and sequential ms3, and eventually the evo 8 16g), I think between the move to the new house and all of the above I could comfortably get 26ish city without having to sandbag like a faggot.

a great day of work looms imminent, got in the car last night and noticed the carpet was soaked on the driver's side :sigh:

oh well, I've known the heater core was suspect for a while, and I've gotta replace one of the vacuum modulators in the heater box. now I just need to work it in such that it requires removal of the cylinder head :cough:

I guess I'm not a car guy then because I ****ing detest even doing maintenance on my Skoda Felicia. I guess if I daily drove a 240 it would be a different story...

cool read. I'm late to the party but I learned a bit! I also have a really tight kickdown cable and **** mpg's. I'm going to have to adjust mine because it's kicking down into 3rd everytime I get over 45mph. I also only got about 245miles on a half tank and I was trying to baby it. Not too bad but when you have an 18gallon tank and a $75 fillup with premium every little bit helps.

cool read. I'm late to the party but I learned a bit! I also have a really tight kickdown cable and **** mpg's. I'm going to have to adjust mine because it's kicking down into 3rd everytime I get over 45mph. I also only got about 245miles on a half tank and I was trying to baby it. Not too bad but when you have an 18gallon tank and a $75 fillup with premium every little bit helps.

you haven't missed much yet, the fun won't begin until later this summer I imagine.

ok, making time to play with my stuff finally. decapitating this thing tonight after work to cut the valve reliefs (it may or may not go back together 8v tonight, remains to be seen. probably will for a couple of reasons), might look at the a/c as well, gotta get that going now that we've entered the melt your ass off part of the calender.

got the head off and the reliefs cut last night, took longer than I wanted. bout an hour and 15 to get the head off :sigh: I'm getting slow in my old age.

I think I'll just skip the shenanigans and just slap a 16v head on there & move on

I was under the impresson that the 16V heads required a lot more work to get running and the time/cost wouldn't be worth it when compared to what you can make out of an 8V head?? Have I been mislead or are you a ninja and already have everything you need?

stupid slow progress... ran through the head yesterday, put the ford springs in, new stem seals, started laying out the bits and pieces and getting other things out of the way, discovered what many already know, the new style breather hits the water out for the heater core mmmdamnit. (in fact I think I posted up about this 6 or 7 years ago).Working up a work-around maybe, and soaking up way more time than I was planning to devote to the entire project much less prep work.

oh well, that's how that **** goes eh? I'll be grabbing my air compressor and a couple other odds and ends that haven't made the trip yet, today after work. Need to get it at least back running so Murphy's gremlins don't catch up with me. Got enough other non-car related **** stacked up that I can't afford multiple breakdowns.

sorted out most of the challenges, moved the heater hookup on the head so I can keep the later style breather, modified the 960 throttle body to work with the lh 2.4 tps. mostly have bolt-up stuff left- fuel rail, top half, exhaust, linkages, that sort of ****. might make a push to have it running tomorrow.

cranked it up briefly a couple of times yesterday, just to check for a few things. cooling system is still unplumbed (minor detail at this point, many more important things to be concerned with).

Did notice a few things:
b234f exhaust manifold exits *right* above the oil filter on a b230ft block. I assume an 8v NA one will too, there just doesn't seem to be much clearance difference there. Oil filter relocation and oil cooler delete coming soon (as in, this week).
With that in place, I'll attach the NA downpipe and restore the car to operational status. Gotta have it available. The turbo swap shouldn't take more than a weekend with all the other shenanigans sorted out, and obviously the hardest part is going to be getting the downpipe fab'd up. the rest of that **** will just bolt up, more or less.

since the question was asked, yes, it's running on LH at the moment. that will likely change in the near future, but I haven't gotten things sorted out enough yet to start the MS process.

Back