• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie's 760 TIC

White rice is looking a little brown

more like brown rice i know :p

Ahum...

Car%20Cover.jpg

:-P

Real nice that WR is out of storage, promise me to put some other rimz on it when you're finished with it;-)

Funny thing is i bought the car cover but forgot to put it on :lol:
And sure if your gonna buy me some nice wheels i'll put them on :lol:

Good to see she?s back!

:)

Nice, now do a burnout :)

inspection passed but i did do a little burnout in my street :ninja:

Next year i will have a big garage but today was so nice i decided to start looking for the reason why the wiper cut out in germany before i stored WR.

img3383f.jpg

img3381t.jpg

Already had a wipermotor since i though i might have burned it with the heat that the snowcap forced in there with the hood modifacation. Turns out the new wipers have a extra ground wire. So i made a extra ground on the old motor and it worked again.

Stripping the car down some more down there gave me a nasty suprice. might have found that/one leak right there.

img3384j.jpg

img3386iq.jpg

Whoops.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1Isjgc0oX0s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:( do you know of any other rust? it's not cool to find rust when you are not looking for it! Looks like you have to replace the whole 'raamlijst' (sry, the metal around the windshield in english please :) )

:( do you know of any other rust? it's not cool to find rust when you are not looking for it! Looks like you have to replace the whole 'raamlijst' (sry, the metal around the windshield in english please :) )

there are a few bubbles around the windschield so i was already planing to remove it. car is pretty solid by now but i'm gonna look for all there is before the repaint. How do i replace the "raamlijst" just weld in new metal or is there a replacement part for it.. you know what i have bodybook on the 700 lemme check

Nope the "raamlijst" is made out of the roof panel and the pillars, cannot fine the rusted out part in the 700 bodybook

img3387q.jpg

Well, it amused me:)

Probably the easiest fix is to cut a repair panel out of a more solid car.

I do want a pair of SE skirts though, real or repro.....

dont think these are SE skirts but the "addon" or "aero" look better than the SE Imo

And yeah might be better, i think i need to abduct "john r h"

Last edited:
the 780 of my brother and my bmw coupe had similar rust issues.
my brother just cut out the window (using a steel wire cutting tool), cleaned up the rust and cut out the parts that were fubar (using a Dremel tool with mini cutting disk) and then welded all holes back shut with patches of sheetmetal. Then repaint, reinstall/glue windscreen. Done.
rooflining has to be losened. PITA job but doable if you want to and have access to a CO2 welder

Back